Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Upcoming Safety Discussions for March 2024

February 29th

Hey everyone! 💙

I’m happy to share that February was full of engaging and wonderful discussions on various aspects of safety!

We also got some members and listeners sharing topics for future discussions. So, I want to inform you that we’re now open to suggestions for new topics for room and forum discussions!

If you have a safety-related topic which you want to see in a discussion, feel free to share here in this thread, or in my PMs 😊

That said, the Safety Discussions schedule for March 2024 is out here: 

1. Room Discussions

• March 3, 2024 - Online Privacy (Adults) - in Safety & Knowledge Room (adult side)

• March 10, 2024 - Listener Ethics (Adults) - in Listener Discussion Room (adult side)

• March 17, 2024 - Online Privacy (Teens) - in Safety & Knowledge Room (teen side)

• March 24, 2024 - Listener Ethics (Teens) - in Listener Discussion Room (teen side)    [Cancelled]

• March 30, 2024 - Member Safety on 7 Cups (Adults) - in Safety & Knowledge Room (adult side)   [Cancelled]

• March 31, 2024 - Member Safety on 7 Cups (Teens) - in Safety & Knowledge Room (teen side)  [Cancelled]

All the scheduled discussions will be held in the respective rooms at 11:30 am EDT and will last for an hour. You’re welcome to attend and share your insights!

1. Forum Discussions

For forums, each discussion will be posted on the scheduled dates, in the early morning EDT time:

• March 2, 2024 - Handling Unsafe Situations as a Listener

• March 9, 2024 - Boundaries during member-listener chats

• March 16, 2024 - Using your photo as profile picture

• March 23, 2024 - Clicking on links shared in rooms

• March 30, 2024 - Forum Safety     [Cancelled]

These forum discussions will be posted in Safety and Knowledge at 7 Cups community, and are open to all members and listeners (whether teens or adults) to share their thoughts!

Full Schedule:

Room Discussions

DateTopicTimeWhere?
March 3, 2024Online Privacy11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Safety & Knowledge Room (adults)
March 10, 2024Listener Ethics11:30 am - 12:30 pmListener Discussion Room (adults)
March 17, 2024Online Privacy

11:30 am - 12:30 pm

Safety & Knowledge Room (teens)
March 24, 2024Listener Ethics11:30 am - 12:30 pmListener Discussion Room (teens)
March 30, 2024Member Safety on 7 Cups11:30 am - 12:30 pmSafety & Knowledge Room (adults)
March 31, 2024Member Safety on 7 Cups11:30 am - 12:30 pmSafety & Knowledge Room (teens)

Forum Discussions

DateTopic
March 2, 2024Handling Unsafe Situations as a Listener
Safety & Knowledge at 7 cups community
March 9, 2024Boundaries during member-listener chats
March 16, 2024Using your photo as profile picture
March 23, 2024Clicking on links shared in rooms
March 30, 2024Forum Safety

You can use the time zone converter here to see what time the discussion will take place in your time zone!  All the times in this schedule are in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) or UTC -4

Psst, here’s some news for you all: we finally have an automated taglist for Safety Discussions so that you never miss out on future safety discussions and announcements! Here's the automated taglist post: Safety Discusssions - Automated Taglist

For any queries on Safety, you can message @Rebekah or @tommy

Updated by AuRewolf on March 10, 2024 - the schedule has been updated to reflect daylight saving time

lovingRainbows2088 February 29th

@AuRewolf

Thank you for this safety post, and what we are going to be Discussing in March. I will try to show up to some of these.

March 1st

@lovingRainbows2088

Thanks for stopping by! We will be happy to have you in some of the discussions!

Heather225 February 29th

@AuRewolf

cannot thank you enough for reviving the safety discussions. regular education is so important for our continually growing community. these make a huge difference (especially to keep our teens informed and empowered). 

everyone, please try to make one of these and support AuRewolf'a efforts! if you can't do the live ones, participate in the forum discussions! they're amazing!!

theboymoana March 1st

@AuRewolf

11am est what time California 

March 1st

@theboymoana

11 AM EST would be 8 AM in California time (PST) 😊

sky2Ocean20 March 2nd

@AuRewolf

wao. These topics are so amazing. looking forward to these discussion sessions. 

March 10th

Attention, all the times in this schedule have been updated, considering the start of daylight saving, as well as my own availability and schedule IRL (in real life)  - my country doesn't observe daylight saving.

So, the updated schedule will now follow Eastern Daylight Time - EDT

March 24th

Due to me leaving the site, the remaining room and forum discussions for this month will be cancelled.

I hope this month's discussions have been informative and fun for you!