Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

classified

someone10 May 25th, 2015

im just curoius, how safe is it to post something? i want to, but im scared. i know people say stuff on here is confidential, but i get paranoid sometimes. but it is someting i wanna post and get feedback.

hopefulTree78 May 25th, 2015

What kind of things do you want to post? As far as this site goes this is a safe space, and you can feel free to share anything you want here as long as the rules are being followed.

someone10 OP May 25th, 2015

thanks, i just get worried sometimes because imgoing through a rough part in my life and think certain people im trying to avoid or who can cause problems might be on here or somethin. but what you said makes me feel alittle safer so i mite post some stuff on here now. and its just stuff, life stuff you know.

hopefulTree78 May 25th, 2015

consider this forum your space! feel free to post :)

do post in the right category though. Hope you feel better soon.

Annie May 25th, 2015

Dear @Someone10, I believe that the system at 7 Cups is anonymous and that your identity is confidential. However,a person can compromise theiranonymity byvoluntarily sharinga lot of identifying details in the forum or chatrooms. For example, if Petunia123 states in aforum or chat room that [all of this is made up] she is in her 30s, moved to Alaska when she got married 9 years ago, teaches Spanish at a high school, is married to a dentist, has a girl 6 years old and 3-year-old twin boys -- well, it might not be too difficult for someone to figure out who she is. Moreover, if she postsa photo -- that's her choice, but she probablyloses some anonymity.

In the 1-to1 chats with an individual Listener, the information is completely private and no one searching for information about you could access that. All the Listeners agree to a strict confidentiality policy. heartI hope this helps!

someone10 OP May 26th, 2015

it kindadoes. its just hard finding a listener sometimes to talk to that has been through your situation and is available. and posting up a situation can sometimes get the most results fast and effective, but like you said, give out too much detail and your identity could be compromised, thanks