Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What should I have done in this situation?

intuitiveApple29 February 17th, 2015

Three or four days ago, I started talking to a Listener, and apart from some small no-no's here and there (for example, she asked me in what city I lived), she was a good person. Unfortunately, earlier today we noticed we actually knew some people in common (which is quite probable, my country is a small one) and she said she didn't want to talk to me anymore, and that was okay[Edited]

This led me to recall this person had told me, the day before, she was "bipolar and had trouble sleeping" but, most of all, I felt this was profoundly offensive - the reason why I'm here is to help me cope with the death of my friend, who died a year ago, and who meant the whole world to me - and I instantly blocked her, but... my question is, what should I have done differently?

Apple74 February 17th, 2015

Hi @intuitiveApple29 !

I am sad to hear about the death of your friend. I hope you can soon find a listener who would be able to support you in a better way. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your listener.If you feel the listener was not supportive, you can report them by mailing community@7cups.com

intuitiveApple29 OP February 17th, 2015

Why was my message edited?!

Apple74 February 17th, 2015

@intuitiveApple29, we are not suppose to share chat details in forums or chatrooms

intuitiveApple29 OP February 17th, 2015

I get that, but what I was told was so horrible that, at least that, should have been left on the post... because that is what really bothered me, what I would think would bother any normal human being...