Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi Laura. Mind helping me out?

NeroBlack August 7th, 2015

I've been working on a game that im going to dedicate to the 7 Cups community because 7 cups has helped me out so much. some people have told me that this might be against the rules and some other things like that. mind confirming or discussing this with me? thanks :)

hopefulTree78 August 7th, 2015

Firstly, Thanks for your support to us! heart

secondly, why do you think it violates any term or rules? can you PM me about your concerns or otherwise?

I do suggest you mail Laura about this too! her ID is laura@7cups.com

as far as questions with regards to site policy and the game go... I can answer them, so please dont mind asking here or in my PMs

NeroBlack OP August 7th, 2015

Alright thanks! And before I couldnt find an Id or email for her so thats why I asked here. So im making a game thats a 3D puzzle first-person adventure game with very nice graphics. You are taken into the surrealistic mind of a person with a severe level of depression and many home and social problems. The goal is to journey through the mind and eventually find either a solution or acceptance for a problem and to fight the [figurative] demons that haunt you. Doesnt sound bad and definitely doesnt involve the killing of babies or anything. There will be many scary scenes in it (bit of a horror) but thats to be expected in the mind of someone like this. There will most likely be blood in a few parts in the game (since in a way im associating this game with this site and community you guys can say no to this) the blood is just going to be a few drops on a floor a wall, no stabbing or mutilation or anything of the sort. There will be a splash screen saying the game is meant for ages 13+ (much like this community and site) and it will warn of scary scenes, references and possible blood and anything else that will be in the game. If I have some voice acting in it then there will most likely be mild language. Not the F word, but things like "hell" or "damn" also if the site or any of you say that you dont want me to do then, then I will not, much like the possible content of the color red on a wall or floor. The biggest references to the site would of course be a dedication and a sub goal to find 7 chipped tea cups. Im planning on having this run through unity web player on a file drop on Dropbox. Meaning that there will be no downloads needed (other than the game requiring webplayer from www[dot]unity3D[dot]com) and there will be NO personal information taken or given in the access of this game. I wont be known, no player of the game will be known. All I ask is if I can post the link to the game in my thread for it. So I think this sums it all up. Any questions and Ill answer them.

I dont suppose your dropbox has the badwidth to handle too many users. I guess, its better to email Laura. Also, tagging the two people here:

@Laura @KrinktheMellowunicorn

again, thanks for everything you want to do for us! maybe if it is nice enough, we can include it within site infrastructure? not too sure about that, but things can be done

I definitely wouldn't expect the website to do so and I also wouldnt think that too many people would play it at a time. And to help out with bandwith I plan to make 3 different links and versions of the game. All with different graphics settings just to support older computers also and to have diffrent load speeds. For example version one is *link* "use this if you have an older computer or want a fast load speed" *link2 for version 2* "use this if you have a decent computer or want a slightly faster load time" then *link3 for version 3* "use this if you have a very capable computer and dont mind the longer wait time"

i guess its best you talk about that with krink ^_^

Ill try to get to laura about this when I get on the site version. Im optimizing my computer today.