Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Chats

intuitiveBlueberry3321 October 9th, 2015

Do group chats still actually work?

Whenever I go to the LGBTQ+ group discussion nothing much seems to have changed - I can leave it two days and come back and see the same messages that I saw two days ago.

Before the update, when I went back to the group chat after a day or so - SOMETHING would have changed.

And without the timestamps on messages it is now completely impossible to know if a forum is active or not. You used to be able to glance at the timestamp of the last forum post and see when it was posted to know if it was worth chipping in. If it was two minutes ago then you might say hi, if the last three posts were spread over six hours then you'd know to come back later.

You used to be able to pop in, take a glance at the timestamps and know if it was active.

All in all this simple change has made any kind of slow group chat forum pretty useless, unless you are prepared to post something and then sit and wait to see if any of the people you see talking are actually there.

I've gone from using this site every day to not bothering, which is sad.

TortueDesBois October 9th, 2015

I think when you join the room, the old messages are the ones of the last time you joined there or something; and not the new ones.. that is pretty weird indeed.

intuitiveBlueberry3321 OP October 9th, 2015

I'm honestly not trying to be annoying here, but to group chats still work? Am I on a bad browser / platform combo?

TortueDesBois October 10th, 2015

@intuitiveBlueberry3321 yes under "chat" and "group support chat"