Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share Your Positivity for Safer Internet Week Contest!

ASilentObserver February 7th

Hello everyone, 

As you may know, we are having Safer Internet Awareness Week, let's celebrate Safer Internet Week by sharing positive and uplifting messages. Share your thoughts, stories, and quotes to make the community a kinder, safer place for everyone.

Here's how to participate:

Choose your category:

• Digital empathy: How can we build understanding and connection online?
  • Cyberbullying prevention: How can we stand up to negativity and create a safe space for everyone?
  • Critical thinking online: How can we be informed and responsible digital citizens?
  • Celebrating diversity and inclusion: How can we create an online environment that welcomes and respects everyone?

You can do it by: 

• "Be the Light": Share a personal story or experience where you witnessed or practiced positivity online.
  • "Uplift & Inspire": Create an original quote, poem, image, or video promoting online kindness and respect.
  • "Superhero Skills": Share a tip, trick, or resource that helps you or others stay safe and secure online.

Once your content is ready, 

• Post your entry in this thread. You can submit posters, images, memes, etc in your post.
  • Spread the word! Share this contest with your friends and encourage them to participate by tagging them in this thread.

Then, the entries with the most upvotes and positive comments win 1000 cheers and an event badge.

Timeline: 

• Contest starts: Feb 07, 2024 (Wednesday)
  • Submissions close: Feb 11, 2024 (Sunday)

Please remember:

• Keep your entries positive, respectful, and relevant to Safer Internet Week themes.
  • Be creative and have fun!
  • Engage with other participants and spread the positivity by upvoting and commenting on their entries as well.

Paartyyyyyy beginsss!! 

untitled-design-2_1707304875.png

@Rebekah @suryansh @heather225

YourCaringConfidant February 7th

@ASilentObserver 

20240207-094944-0001_1707317416.png

LoveMyMoonflowers February 7th

@YourCaringConfidant

Omggg, this is so so so beautiful Desiii! 🌈 the animals are so cute 🥺 i love this colourful graphic 💕

@LoveMyMoonflowers Awww, you are always so sweet and supportive, Ni. Thank you! :) 

LoveMyMoonflowers February 7th

@YourCaringConfidant

💕💕💕

BlissfulBue February 7th

@YourCaringConfidant

awwwww! This is so cute!

@BlissfulBue Thanks my sweet ♊️ twin. ♡ 

BlissfulBue February 9th

💕💕💕

Kristynsmama February 8th

@YourCaringConfidant

I really need to learn how to make graphics like yours.  I love this!

YourCaringConfidant February 8th

@Kristynsmama The graphics you already make are lovely! But I will send a pm your way. :)

Kristynsmama February 8th

@YourCaringConfidant

thanks.

@ASilentObserver

Superrr exciting, Obziee!🤩

Heather225 February 8th

oh this is very fun! can't wait to see everyone's creativity!

February 9th

@ASilentObserver

For those of us who chose to create a video, is there a time limit and format restrictions we should be aware of? 

ASilentObserver OP February 9th

@Takitoteka it can be under or a minute, Taki. I am not good with videos so not sure the video format but that supports the upload. i think we would be good.  

ASilentObserver OP February 9th

Submitting my entry
safer-intenrt-day_1707482710.png

inviting @suryansh @aurewolf @Fristo @Bluerivercares

YourCaringConfidant February 9th

Obs! I love it! It looks great and I think you pretty much covered the ways to stay safe. 😉 Great job! 

February 9th

My entry submission:

Category, Critical Thinking Online: How can we be Informed and Responsible Citizens?

Format, Video and Sharing a Useful Resource

Disclaimer, if there hadn't been a time limit of a minute for videos, I could have shared many more resources. 

YourCaringConfidant February 9th

@Takitoteka I probably played your video like x3. I have to say you did exceptionally well considering you were on limited time for the video submission. I never heard of that website before you provided as your resource, so I did visit it. I just wanted to say very good job! :) 

February 9th

@YourCaringConfidant

Thank you! I really liked your graphic, it was adorable. 

Countrygirl095 February 21st

I love the inclusion in the graphic and to think it's my favorite animal in the wheelchair. Awesome.