Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need advice!

Fradiga Saturday

Hello, Gentle Reader...

I was wondering if there was a way on this website, that the listeners among us could discuss and learn something from one another.

If you have been here long enough, you realize you use the same language mannerisms all the time, from your choice of greetings and reactions to the story you're reading. There may be good ideas among the whole group if this kind of communication is allowed.

What do you think? What do you known about the rules?

Thanks 😀

@Fradiga

Not sure that will happen but some certainly take some cues from others. 

Hiya @Fradiga I love how you began with "gentle reader".💛

I agree, it's amazing to learn from each other. As listeners we have a bunch of different experiences, also similar ones and then our own unique ways to model the guidelines and handle the situations, as required. A great ton of insight, experience, consideration to be shared and connected with here. 

We do have a couple of existing ways to have such kind of conversations amongst listeners, to share generic chat situations (not specific chat details of course) and seek ways to handle them, mock/practice chats to see how the other person (a mentor, listener coach, or peer) listens/ responds, discussing any chat topics or seeking resources/ ways to navigate through them.

♡ For more generic chat situations, we can access the listener support room and seek insight or resources from those in the room.

♡ For specific situations and/or practice chats, that might need more discussion or dialog, we can reach out to mentors or listener coaches

♡ There's also listener discussions that happen in scheduled times in the chatroom on a define topic, with questions and inviting responses from everyone participating. ~A fun way to learn together! 

♡ Of course, forums can be used too. Many wonderful forum posts within the Listener Journey Community with lots of information, experience and expertise shared by our fellow listeners. One can participate in the existing threads or can initiate a new one to ask/discuss anything listener role or chat-situation related too. 

For instance this recent post is so full of listener tips and wisdom, Here.

In terms of rules/ guidelines to be followed while having such communication/ discussion, I feel just the usual things to keep in mind-

♡ Be professional and respectful

♡ No sharing specific chat details, any identifying information and such that can put a member's account or information in a jeopardy, affecting their anonymity or the confidentiality of the personal chat.

♡ Be open minded and perceptive, everyone's ways of handling things, phrasing sentences or communicating can be different. It's okay to not 100% agree with your peers over something! 

♡ Being mindful about the broad set of Community Guidelines applying to different aspects: chatrooms, forums, PMs, to listeners and the community, in general.

Does any of this resonate with what you had in mind? 

Please do feel free to share more, if not. Of course, your thoughts on the ideas I shared are welcome too. Would love to know more!💛

Fradiga OP Sunday

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you for writing such an informative reply !! I will check out your advice(s) 

@Fradiga

You are welcome and of course.