Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Vedantic Thoughts!

December 24th, 2023

Hi, as a student of Vedanta, I thought to start this thread where I will share my understanding of Vedantic Concepts of Life and Good Living!

The purpose is to help myself and people like me be benefitted from these healthy reminders! 

Feel free to participate but only if you have faith in the teachings (: 

Not a place for conflicts, but for understanding and progress!

quote-the-essence-of-vedanta-is-that-there-is-but-one-being-and-that-every-soul-is-that-being-swami-vivekananda-87-24-05-photoroom_1703403008.jpg

December 24th, 2023

Had a good talk with @protostarr today!

Things we discussed:

• There are 3 kinds of happiness. One is a lower level of happiness, the second is a middle level, and the third is a higher level. 
  • Examples of lower-level happiness: Hurting someone, taking revenge, attachments and addictions (with people or things), junk food, smoking, etc.
  • Examples of middle-level happiness: Joys of winning a competition, being praised by someone, etc. 
  • Examples of higher-level happiness: Selfless and unconditional giving, prayer, healthy food (not too spicy or too sweet, simple food), good and kind talks, understanding and contemplating upon Vedantic teachings, etc.
  • Happiness is within. Don't hunt for it in people or things. Discover it within. 
  • Quieter Mind = Happier Mind
  • The Highest Level of Happiness is in Self-Knowledge. Knowing that I am not body, mind, or intellect. I am an observer/witness of BMI (Body Mind Intellect). 
  • It's a step-by-step progress. From lower to middle, from middle to higher, and from higher to highest!
protostarr December 24th, 2023

@Fristo

Happy to see these!! insight towards life is incredibly valuable. N I appreciate the time you spent sharing these. We r looking forward to knw more about it. 😊