Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't lose hope, lean on God.

Sasher January 3rd

Something that has really helped recently - don't ask for that which is really impossible, but ask for that which we feel is impossible. 

https://youtu.be/R6rfhP_jfvc?si=C86KHimnPlGZRwqV

juliak1968 January 9th

@Sasher

Hello,

Can you explain the meaning better to me? I'm a believer in faith!!~

Blessings, Day

Sasher OP January 9th

Hiya @juliak1968  :)

The meaning of what I said or the meaning of the video? 

juliak1968 January 9th

@Sasher

don't ask for that which is really impossible, but ask for that which we feel is impossible.

What does this mean to you?

Thank you.

Blessings,  Day

Sasher OP January 9th

@juliak1968 I guess when we hear messages about believing in the impossible and keeping hope and faith for things that feel out of reach, it can be difficult for some people to understand what is unrealistic and what feels to them to be impossible but really isn't.

Does that clarify things? 

juliak1968 January 10th

@Sasher

Thank you, that helps, I was having trouble figuring it out. I see now that that faith helps us see many more possibilities :-)

Blessings, Day

Tinywhisper11 January 9th

@Sasher I'm not allowed to use you tube so I couldn't click the link. But yes faith is important. I don't generally pray for myself but I pray for others and I just mostly thank him for all my blessings. ❤❤ 

Sasher OP January 9th

@Tinywhisper11 it's basically an antient story of a prophet and his wife who always wanted a child. They ended up having a child both past the age of 80 years old. And it's a reminder that we should have faith and keep trying. The impossible really does come true sometimes. 

There's a saying 'get rich or die trying' - I always think to myself 'have a health relationship with a spouse or die trying' it's a good reminder to find strength and hope when I'm starting to feel helpless or hopeless. 

Pray for yourself too, you deserve it as much as the people you pray for ♥ 

Tinywhisper11 January 10th

@Sasher ❤❤❤

slowdecline48 January 10th

@Sasher This sounds very much like the story of Avraham (or Ibrahim)... In the original story, his wife laughs at the idea that she & ol' Abe will have any children in their advanced age, but their god assures them that their offspring will be as numerous as the stars in the night sky.

I gotta wonder how the story would've been written if the ancient Near East had streetlights & high-output sodium lamps...

Sasher OP January 10th

@slowdecline48 I'm not sure tbh. I'd imagine most of it was passed on through oral traditions, as writing materials did exist but weren't widely spread - (as far as I'm aware).