Community /

Religion & Spirituality

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Prayers Request Thread!
by Heather225
Last post
2 days ago
...See more We all face moments of struggle and uncertainty at some point in our life journey. It can help to know that there are people out there thinking about you and rooting for you. This thread is a dedicated space for prayer requests and support. Whether you're going through a personal crisis, facing health concerns, or other difficulties, you can ask for an empathetic ear, offer prayers, or just comforting words. If you'd like a specific kind of support, please do mention it with your share. You can say as much or as little as you like about your situation. (It can be as simple as "please pray for x", "please send me strength/blessings/vibes", "please keep me in your thoughts", "send beams" [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/GlensNookCommunity_547/BEAMS_202686/] etc!) For those who are willing, please consider extending your support to fellow members. Your compassion and words of encouragement can provide solace and strength to someone in need. Let's come together as a community to lift each other up in times of hardship. Reminder Please be mindful when posting in the forums, particularly in discussions around religion. Ensure that all posts are respectful, kind and productive. Flag a post for review by forum moderators by clicking the flag option in the lower right hand corner of the post if you feel it is inappropriate, offensive or goes against our forum guidelines. Thank you for supporting 7 Cups. 
Religion & Spirituality Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
3 days ago
...See more Welcome to the Religion & Spirituality Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 12 Aug 2024 (updated by @tommy) @Adamw12 @adripika @amiablePeace77 @AnemechWahab @Armon23 @beck1 @Bella20 @blindCupcake8608 @cal1860 @Carolincares7 @Chevy81 @courageousRiver589 @cyanVase4070 @DragonView2 @easyDime4319 @egrima729 @enigmaticOcean8813 @FluffyBunny0022 @goodAcres5039 @GoodEar1972 @Helgafy @HisLivingWaters @IamAubrey23 @IntuitiveThoughts01 @Invisibility101 [https://www.7cups.com/@Invisibility101] @ivoryDog4942 @Jaeteuk @Jenna @loyalApricot1375 @lyricalAngel70 @magnificentNutella @Mahad2804 @MalindaBelle @MeaningfulSilence @Michele2 @Nistar @ovowoody @passionateSea1909 @persistentFriend274 @philosophical2741 @pineapplepeanut @PoliteOcean @politePeach9642 @rhodawoolf @RogueOne1983 @SammiSweetheart30 @smilingnivedita [https://www.7cups.com/@smilingnivedita] @Snowy00 @soulsings @stallion3 @StarrySkies1236 @StillSurvivingThriving @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @Swordpsalm @ThatChristLover @TheJenInBlack @Tinywhisper11 @tommy @trueconfidant123 @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @yaswecan7
Forum Moderation Guidelines for Religion & Spirituality
by CheeryMango
Last post
September 22nd, 2023
...See more Hello everyone! I would like to take a moment to introduce some additional forum moderation guidelines that we will be implementing to ensure that this community remains a respectful, constructive, and inclusive space for all members. Note: All forum moderation will be handled by the forum moderators or community leaders. 1. Respectful Dialogue: Encourage respectful and open dialogue that allows members to express their feelings and thoughts about religion without targeting specific religious groups. Ensure that discussions maintain a courteous and tolerant tone. 2. Avoid Forced Beliefs: Remove any posts that attempt to impose personal religious beliefs on others or pressure individuals to adopt a particular faith. Our community respects diverse perspectives and choices. 3. No Shaming or Discrimination: Prohibit any posts that involve shaming, discrimination, or derogatory language towards individuals, religious groups, or spiritual beliefs. Promote an inclusive and accepting environment. 4. Focus on Personal Experiences: Encourage members to share their personal experiences and insights related to spirituality and religion, emphasizing the impact on their lives rather than making sweeping judgments or condemnations. Moderate with Sensitivity: Exercise moderation with a sensitive and understanding approach. When removing posts, provide a clear explanation to the member and offer guidance on how they can rephrase or refocus their discussion in a more constructive manner. 5. Feedback and Appeals: Allow members to provide feedback on moderation decisions through the forum@7cups.com email or messaging the admin, @CheeryMango directly for those who believe their posts were unjustly removed. 6. Consistency: Maintain consistency in applying these guidelines to all posts and members, regardless of their religious or spiritual background. Ensure fairness in moderation. 7. Community Building: Lastly, focus on creating a positive and supportive atmosphere within the religious and spiritual community, where members can freely explore and discuss their beliefs and feelings without fear of judgment or disrespect. ------------------------- tagging the community taglist to be updated: @MeaningfulSilence @AffyAvo @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tommy @theriverissinging @@Adamw12 @adripika @amiablePeace77 @Armon23 @beck1 @blindCupcake8608 @Carolincares7 @Chevy81 @courageousRiver589 @DivineLove04 @DragonView2 @easyDime4319 @egrima729 @goodAcres5039 @GoodEar1972 @Helgafy @HisLivingWaters @IamAubrey23 @ivoryDog4942 @Jaeteuk @Jenna @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @lyricalAngel70 @magnificentNutella @Mahad2804 @MalindaBelle @MeaningfulSilence @Michele2 @officialanonymous @ovowoody @passionateSea1909 @persistentFriend274 @philosophical2741 @pineapplepeanut @PoliteOcean @politePeach9642 @rhodawoolf @RogueOne1983 @SammiSweetheart30 @soulsings @stallion3 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @Swordpsalm @ThatChristLover @TheJenInBlack @tommy @trueconfidant123 @Tulipsmile @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @yaswecan7
Religion & Spirituality Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
3 days ago
...See more Welcome to the Religion & Spirituality Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 12 Aug 2024 (updated by @tommy) @Adamw12 @adripika @amiablePeace77 @AnemechWahab @Armon23 @beck1 @Bella20 @blindCupcake8608 @cal1860 @Carolincares7 @Chevy81 @courageousRiver589 @cyanVase4070 @DragonView2 @easyDime4319 @egrima729 @enigmaticOcean8813 @FluffyBunny0022 @goodAcres5039 @GoodEar1972 @Helgafy @HisLivingWaters @IamAubrey23 @IntuitiveThoughts01 @Invisibility101 [https://www.7cups.com/@Invisibility101] @ivoryDog4942 @Jaeteuk @Jenna @loyalApricot1375 @lyricalAngel70 @magnificentNutella @Mahad2804 @MalindaBelle @MeaningfulSilence @Michele2 @Nistar @ovowoody @passionateSea1909 @persistentFriend274 @philosophical2741 @pineapplepeanut @PoliteOcean @politePeach9642 @rhodawoolf @RogueOne1983 @SammiSweetheart30 @smilingnivedita [https://www.7cups.com/@smilingnivedita] @Snowy00 @soulsings @stallion3 @StarrySkies1236 @StillSurvivingThriving @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @Swordpsalm @ThatChristLover @TheJenInBlack @Tinywhisper11 @tommy @trueconfidant123 @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @yaswecan7
Prayer
by calmMango9611
Last post
July 21st
...See more Dear God, thank you for creating such an amazing universe and for loving me. Help me to know your love and show you love in return. Amen.  Taken from: Moments of Peace in the Presence of God
new hellenic
by TaylorTheFrog
Last post
February 29th
...See more hi! im just starting to work/ worship Artemis and Apollo and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips to start? ive made an alter and put some crystals and candles but im not sure on other ways i can work with them.
New Kid In Town by Eagles :)
by AnalystINTJ
Last post
October 26th, 2023
...See more Hello, I am new here in 7 Cups. Probably just more than 1 week. I remember this song and I figured out to share it with everyone here :) (Just the URL of the song with lyrics) <= Please remove if it violates any guideline, thank you :) New Kid In Town https://tinyurl.com/yp7vk5q9 I would also like to share the following songs that I hope the songs will lift your spirit and are therapeutic for you :) You Are Not Alone https://tinyurl.com/yr2ulm4h [https://tinyurl.com/yr2ulm4h] I Wish You Peace https://tinyurl.com/yqmm97en Enjoy the songs :)
Prayers: The Positive Vibes
by BelovedPurple1437
Last post
October 4th, 2023
...See more "Hi friends, I'm going through a tough time and could use some positive energy. If you could send your thoughts and prayers my way, I'd be grateful. Feel free to share any of your own too. Thanks for being there!"
Faith Avoiding Conflict
by soulsings
Last post
September 30th, 2023
...See more Many people find relationships with people we know very challenging. Even people we get along with most of the time can really "push our buttons" sometimes, to say nothing of those who we do not see "eye-to-eye" with. * Feel free to share an example of how your faith helped you avoid conflict with someone or helped you to get along better with them. Current taglist as of 09 Sept (updated by @tommy) @Adamw12 @adripika @amiablePeace77 @Armon23 @beck1 @blindCupcake8608 @Carolincares7 @Chevy81 @courageousRiver589 @DivineLove04 @DragonView2 @easyDime4319 @egrima729 @goodAcres5039 @GoodEar1972 @Helgafy @HisLivingWaters @IamAubrey23 @ivoryDog4942 @Jaeteuk @Jenna @LoveMyMoonflowers @loyalApricot1375 @lyricalAngel70 @magnificentNutella @Mahad2804 @MalindaBelle @MeaningfulSilence @Michele2 @officialanonymous @ovowoody @passionateSea1909 @persistentFriend274 @philosophical2741 @pineapplepeanut @PoliteOcean @politePeach9642 @rhodawoolf @RogueOne1983 @SammiSweetheart30 @soulsings @stallion3 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @Swordpsalm @ThatChristLover @TheJenInBlack @tommy @trueconfidant123 @Tulipsmile @Tyedyedbutterfly65 @yaswecan7
Welcome to the Faith, Religion, and Spirituality Community on 7 Cups!
by GlenM
Last post
September 16th, 2023
...See more This community has been a lonnnnggggg time coming. People have been requesting a dedicated space to talk about faith, religion and spirituality for quite a while. Apologies for the delay! There is a significant amount of research [https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2012-22251-000] that suggests religion and spirituality can be therapeutic. William James (one of our first psychologists) suggested understanding religion is right up there with understanding how people think, feel, and relate to one another. Indeed, there are nearly 8 billion people on the planet and 85% of people are religious or spiritual in one way or another. Any one thing that 85% of humans do suggests it is pretty important! So, at long last, here is a home for religion and spirituality on 7 Cups. We imagine this as a safe space for people of all faiths to explore and support one another. I think we'll see sub-forums for all of the major world religions, newer faiths, and all sorts of spiritualities. We are starting with a handful of world religions. If you would like to request a category, then please let us know in the comments. All are welcome! I'll close with this interesting point about religion. Religion comes from the Latin word "religare" which mean to re-ligament, re-connect, re-new or re-bind. It indicates that there is something broken about humanity and that religion might be able to help us reconnect to something healing that we lost along the way. ------------------------- Click here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/religion/General_2605/ReligionSpiritualityAutomatedTaglist_312121/] to join the community taglist!

Religion and Spirituality
Please note: bolded grey text is hyperlinked.

Welcome to Religion & Spirituality! We are so pleased that you have stumbled across our little corner of the internet. Our community is here to support you on your religion and spiritual journey.

What are the different forum topics for Religion and Spirituality?

Community Space: A place for you to introduce yourself and take part in our community check-ins.

We also have a number of topics related to each religion. 

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable to). Alternatively, you may wish to join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our taglist to be notified every time a new discussion or update is posted!

Religion & Spirituality FAQ

Are there any sub-community specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

All sub-community specific guidelines can be found below and should be followed in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help... I still have a question! 
You can ask your questions in this thread and someone will respond to you as soon as possible.

Community Guidelines

Welcome to the Religion and Spirituality Community! We aim to create a respectful and inclusive space where individuals from various backgrounds and belief systems can engage in meaningful discussions. To maintain a harmonious and constructive environment, we kindly ask all members to adhere to the following guidelines:

1. Respect and Tolerance:

• Treat every member with respect, regardless of their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

• Avoid engaging in disrespectful or derogatory language when discussing different faiths or viewpoints.

• Promote an atmosphere of tolerance and open-mindedness, even when you disagree with others.

2. Constructive Discussion:

• Focus on constructive and informative discussions related to religion and spirituality.

• Avoid spamming, trolling, or engaging in disruptive behavior that hinders productive conversations.

• Focus on your emotions and experiences to share. Please do not make any generalizations.  

• Treat others how you would wish to be treated. Please ensure the content you post is kind and is not intended to cause harm to others.

3. Privacy and Personal Information:

• Respect the privacy of fellow community members. Do not share personal information without consent.

• Maintain confidentiality when discussing sensitive topics or personal experiences that others may have shared.

4. Cultural Sensitivity:

• Recognize the diverse cultural backgrounds within our community and be sensitive to cultural differences.

• Avoid making sweeping generalizations about any particular group or religion.

5. Religious Proselytizing:

• While discussions about different belief systems are encouraged, refrain from using the community as a platform for aggressive proselytizing.

• Share your beliefs and experiences respectfully, without pressuring others to adopt your viewpoint.

6. Moderation and Reporting:

• Report any content or behavior that violates these guidelines to the moderators.

• Trust the moderation team to enforce these guidelines fairly and consistently.

7. Stay on Topic:

• Keep discussions relevant to religion, spirituality, and related subjects.

• If you wish to discuss unrelated topics, consider exploring other appropriate communities.

8. Inclusive Language:

• Use inclusive language that welcomes individuals of all genders, backgrounds, and orientations.

• Avoid language that may be offensive or exclusionary.

9. Be Patient and Empathetic: 

• Recognize that individuals may be at different stages in their spiritual journey or have varying levels of knowledge.

• Practice empathy and patience when engaging in discussions.

10. Enjoy the Community:

• Finally, have fun and enjoy your time in our community! Share your wisdom, ask questions, and learn from one another.

By following these guidelines, we can foster a positive and enriching environment for all members of our Religion and Spirituality Community. Thank you for your commitment to maintaining a respectful and insightful space for discussion.