Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi!! New Christian here!

JarofSeeds627 January 19th

Hello everyone! I'm new to Christianity and coming back to 7Cups after a hiatus. I've been keeping Bible studies and journals since August of last year, so I'm still very new but I want to learn more about this. I was raised atheist, always identified as agnostic-ish, and don't know anybody IRL that's Christian. My roommate actually hates it due to trauma in his childhood. :(

(No, I would not push this on him of course)

But I love this religion and really want to meet others with similar experiences/beliefs! A little about me: I'm an almost college graduate with agoraphobia and BPD. Exposure therapy and DBT are so important to me and have helped me grow so much. I'm currently not seeing a therapist due to wait lists for available ones, but I'm learning how to blend my spiritual life with my mental health for the better. One of the things I struggled with the most in DBT was radical acceptance. But it seems easier for me to let go of what is outside of my ability of control, thus worrying less, to be able to leave that to God now. 🤗

I'm also coming from a new age family that enjoys manifesting, law of attraction, and things like that that since stopping I've felt a big improvement in my mental health. I no longer have to be obsessive over "manifesting" everything I need - I can just accept God's plan for me.

DAE have similar experiences with things like this?? I hope your new year has gone great so far. 🙏

Tinywhisper11 January 20th

@JarofSeeds627 I'm glad you found a path in spirituality/religion that suits you best ❤ I'm not a Christian also due to trauma, however I do believe in God, angels and heaven. I think no matter what you believe in, as long as you have something to believe in. Faith and hope are important ❤hugs you tightly ❤

JarofSeeds627 OP January 20th

Thank you Tiny!! 🫂