Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Communication and Openness Struggles

sincereSquare7527 June 19th, 2023

So, I'm having some serious issues with my gf, and I think they're about to break us up.

The main root of the issues is myself, and that I am very closed and unfeeling toward my emotions. I'm having a hard time effectively communicating my affections, care, and love for her, and we're only able to text each other. I'm a bit more physical than verbal, so this naturally makes it more difficult to express.

She feels as though I don't honestly love her the way I used to, that I don't truly care for her and want to fight for her, that I have no romantic feelings for her. Of course, these beliefs are false, though my previous actions and shortcomings do support them.

Now, she's threatening separation, which I honestly understand and don't begrudge her reasoning. It does hurt me, and I've already had multiple chances to work on improving these problems. I don't want to let her go, but I don't know what to do right now.

Any help is greatly appreciated

7motivation June 19th, 2023

@sincereSquare7527

I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a difficult time. It sounds like you’re facing some challenges in expressing your emotions and communicating effectively with your girlfriend. Have you considered seeking the help of a therapist or counselor to work on these issues? They may be able to provide you with tools and techniques to improve your communication and emotional expression.

If you want to know how can you get in the habit of expressing your emotions better in the situations above, then you can chat with people here on 7Cups.

Also you can search the internet for ideas that you feel are most appropriate for you and your situations.

You can get help from a counselor or therapist too if needed.

Here's what Bing Search Chat says if I ask it for ideas on being more expressive as a habit. Bing said:

• There are several ways to get in the habit of expressing your emotions better.
    Here are some tips that might help you:
  • Offer yourself compassion and examine core beliefs that prevent self-expression1.
  • Identify underlying needs, clarify goals, and choose carefully1.
  • Be vulnerable enough to let yourself feel emotions freely and understand what emotions are1.
  • Express your emotions through the body, such as dancing, singing, or painting1.
  • Feel the feelings, accept the changes, and grow from constructive criticism1.
  • Talk to yourself about it, write them down, or share them with someone you trust1.
  • Be mindful, stop seeking validation for your emotions, and set healthy boundaries1

I find that chatting with Bing Search Chat can help me work out ideas and get solutions.

It also helps to chat here on 7cups and also with a counselor or therapist if necessary too.

Or course, I always check the ideas first for accuracy and appropriateness for me before using them
no matter who suggests them.

So please remember to always check any ideas appropriately before using them.

I hope this gives you some ideas
and resources to find your own best solutions
for your unique situations.

July 1st, 2023
@sincereSquare7527

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your relationship. I hope things got better for you since you posted this. It's great that you acknowledge where you need to improve, expressing ourselves can be quite difficult.

Perhaps you can take time and reflect on what's making it hard for you to verbally express your emotions to her. Consider any underlying fears, past experiences, or personal barriers that may be contributing to this difficulty. Understanding ourselves better can help us communicate more effectively.

Open and honest communication is also important. If you haven't yet, perhaps you can talk it out with your girlfriend about your struggles with expressing your emotions verbally and let her know that your feelings for her are genuine.

I hope everything works out well for you, take care. 🌈✨
QueerDragonsRule July 17th

@sincereSquare7527

It might be hard, but it might save the relationship if you tell her this. That you have a hard time expressing your emotions.