Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

help please I have no one

friendlyKite2529 September 30th, 2021

I can’t tell what the truth is anymore. I don’t know if im toxic or if I’ve been exposed to toxic people. I don’t want to be me anymore. I feel like everything is always my fault. I really don’t like myself and I feel like other people don’t like me too. I feel like people are avoiding me or don’t want to be around me. I don’t know what’s true and what’s in my head. My ex lied pretending he loved me for a year he told me he never felt anything. I don’t know what to do. No hotline picking up. I hate being alone but it’s probably my fault. I must be a bad person or a burden.

PoisonCupcakes September 30th, 2021

@friendlyKite2529 I think your worries about who you are as a person make a lot of sense although I can feel the insecure tone. Regardless of your past experiences, having the self-awareness to seek out help shows that you're absolutely capable of improvement and growth emotionally and the future doesn't have to be as painful as the past.

It sounds like you're going through a difficult time emotionally because of the breakup making you question what's wrong with you and if you could've done anything to be better. There are many ways that the people we come across in life may hurt us or lie to us but there are also people who have good intentions toward you and would want you to be happy so it's important to remember that.

One person cannot be entirely responsible for a relationship going south, it takes two. While it's reasonable to take responsibility for things you may have done wrong, it's also vital to remember that you deserved to be treated more honestly.

There will be new people you meet in the future that will treat you better than you expect if you allow them to. It will take time to heal from the past but I promise you will be able to heal if you set your mind to it and focus on what you're doing right so far. Sometimes just getting up and focusing on taking care of yourself, eating, showering, dressing in clothes you like, watching a movie is enough. Sometimes it takes more energy to get some work done, try to make new friends whether online or in person, journal about your pain, focus on seeing what's good in yourself. More challenging goals could be seeking therapy, reading articles about what it takes to have a healthy relationship, giving out kindness without expecting anything in return, or whatever else intimidates you. These are all specific to whatever you find easiest to hardest so they may be in different levels for you than what I've listed. You have time to improve your situation and it's alright to go slow.