Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel like I just need to get all of this off my chest

LoverOfTheOcean December 27th, 2022

My ex and I broke up some weeks ago, but we said we'd still be friends, and agreed on some rules. For example, if we'd find someone else who we want to take things further with, we'd tell each other before acting on it.

Now, I know that he's seeing a friend whom my ex has feelings for. She told him she has feelings for him too and even told him she loves him. The thing that bothers me about this is, is she's in a relationship with someone else (not my ex). And she wants her relationship to get better. And yet she keeps seeking a lot of attention from my ex, so much so that he's told me that he's getting annoyed. Which I think is selfish and unfair towards my ex, and honestly to her boyfriend too. Note my ex and I are on good terms, so naturally I don't want him to get hurt.

And still he goes to see her a lot of the time, he still replies to her messages. Even when he doesn't feel like talking, he answers instead of telling her to leave him alone for a bit. She just keeps demanding his time and attention. And I know it's not really my business, but it still bothers me, a lot.

It just makes me very angry and confused too. I might also be upset about it because before she came into his life we were in a relationship. And if she never came into his life we probably still would be in said relationship.

But he tells me that he's confused about his feelings, because he still loves me too and wishes to see me, preferably everyday. But also because he likes that friend. And also told me he needs time to figure out what he wants, which is understandable. I just can't help feeling that sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time waiting for him to make a decision. Even though a bigger part of me wants to try again.

Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect or that I did everything right, no, I know I need to work on things too, and I am.

I just don't want him to get hurt, because he's been through so much pain in his life already.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to deal with this?

Please feel free to share your opinion and wisdom.

And to whomever is reading: thank you.

- Ocean

toughTiger6481 December 27th, 2022

@LoverOfTheOcean

It is natural to not want your Ex to be hurt .........and perhaps a bit of an issue if this girl was a reason he broke up with you...

obviously He knows about her BF right? Does he know he is being led on as a spare or an ego booster?

IMO some girls women just like the attention and damn the consequences ...........they flirt and make someone think there is a chance ..........simply as an ego boost to themselves and the longer they can drag it out the better ... she seems to have an issue

your EX should take time to see the situation clearly............ because LOVE is not simple attraction it is deeper and how can he feel for her knowing she is using him. If she chose him she will most likely flirt and keep maybe her current BF on a string hoping she will chose him .......... She sound incapable of any sort or commitment or seriousness. It is put you in a difficult situation but it is best he SEES her for what she is on his own.

LoverOfTheOcean OP December 27th, 2022

Thank you for your insight, I appreciate it very much!

Yes he knows about her BF, but I don't think he's aware she's using him. Even though I've told him that what she's doing isn't fair towards him.

I know he should see it for himself, and that I can't help with that, but I do wish I could. He doesn't deserve to be led on.