Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am a needy girlfriend💔

Pam1994 September 1st, 2020

Hi

My name is Pam

I am a 26years old female,i have a problem what pains me is that i am aware but still i continue.

I am a very clingy girlfriend,i am insecure,always suffocating my partner and i feel like i am about to lose him,i accuse him of cheating,always calling him.

It is really draining😪

SkyHighandBeyond September 2nd, 2020

@Pam1994

I can empathize where you're coming from.
Has your partner expressed their suffocation or is that something you feel?

intelligentGrapes8414 September 2nd, 2020

@Pam1994 Pam. Im a 50 year old man that's wife reconnected with a high school male friend during covid and now spends time with him. We have been married for 25 years and i feel just like you. Hope someone can give us help.

rosepenguin26 September 2nd, 2020

@intelligentGrapes8414

Hi there, I'm not married and approximately half your age, but I can imagine the uncomfort and confusion you might be feeling. This pandemic has been hard on a lot of people and we might find ourselves in situations we never expected. I can only imagine the hard work and all the things you've lived through your married life. I hope you get the chance to talk about this with your wife so you find reassurance in your relationship. Stay strong!

intelligentGrapes8414 September 2nd, 2020

@rosepenguin26 Thanks Rosepenguin. Insecurities can hit any one. I hope you can let him know and he has a kind enough heart to understand and reassure you. Good luck

@Pam1994

Hi Pam, I'm so sorry you feel this way, i know what it's like to be aware of it but can't help to continue. What i would do in your place is take a deep breathe, be brave and vulnerable and let your partner know that it's something you can't help and the 'crazyness' comes from a place of fear of losing the connection and love between you two. Maybe both can find an effective way to let each other know that you are there for each other and trust can be strongly built. I wish you the best!

Pam1994 OP September 2nd, 2020

@rosepenguin26

I am not brave enough to tell him yet...the relationship is still new and my previous relationships ended because of insecurities.

Again i think if i disclose it is going to work against me ,in future when something is wrong it will be a "you have started with your trust issues" kinda thing🤦‍♀️

@Pam1994

I agree with @kindPeace2539, reflect on talking about this with him. It may feel very difficult, but it will give him a chance to have in perspective the situation and understand things that may trigger your insecurities. It's something you have to work but with his help, you may feel the support you need to overcome this issue.

Blahblah987 September 2nd, 2020

@Pam1994 it seems like you have lots of trust issue and insecurities , but your partner is not able to help you in that ....talk to him about it