Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Being in a relationship while having boarder line personalitry disorder mental health in general

diamondintheROUGH2022 April 23rd, 2022

Where do I start well my relationship has been everything but easy I have a man who loves me deeply he is so good to me he provides pays the bills cooks cleans supports me and some day I completely admire him but most days I feel angry lonely not happy but why he treats me good he is a good person the reason why is mainly my diagnosis BPD it has made relationships my entire life be a disaster I have the power to make people fall head over heals with me and I'm so happy and I love and it's like once they are hooked I turn I start being angry I start seeing finding or make believing flaws or problems it's so defeating because realistically I could see my self spending the rest of my life with this man but yet I continue to burden him with my emotional abuse keep pushing and pushing him away but the reality of all this is 1 I'm not 100% taken credit for my bad behaviors I find my self justifying them with my diagnosis and not putting communication skills to work or coping skills in general and for that only I can change but I still feel he should be bettering him some how the way he reacts to me how he has lights me then blames me for the fight can I be the only problem or .... Sorry needed to get this off my chest please feel free to tell me if you can relate some how or just let me no what's going on with you also advice coping skills anything willing and wanting to hear and try them

ArtemisStormWolf May 4th, 2022

Hey, i just read this. I have BPD too, and relationships are complex for me tbh, be it a friend or a family member etc.

I usually get easily attached and all is okay until one point. Like you said getting angry and all, and pushing that person away.

And i myself figured out that if i talk I'd find myself feeling vulnerable but also there's something nice in that, if you can trust someone and be vulnerable and communicate what's wrong that solves half of anger issues for me. Talking instead of building up the anger can be good, but each person is different.

And ty for sharing this.

@diamondintheROUGH2022