Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Alone or in bad company?

DoveandDiego June 13th, 2021

I seem to have struggles keeping friendships and other relationships, I'm good at making them but as I get to know someone better I'm always disappointed in their views about things I care about and I can't choose in good conscience to continue seeing them. I think it's good to have friends that challenge your thoughts and gives you different prospectives, but some of these friendship only lead me to feeling worse. I can't really find any better where I live now, but I feel worse when I'm alone

mathetmess June 16th, 2021

@DoveandDiego

Thank you for sharing. I am glad that you are here. Maybe a good step for now is to keep reaching out here, and in other online venues, looking for people who can support your needs. If you find the people nearby to be limiting, then look broader for now. Find connections that are rewarding and fulfilling, and then keep your eyes and mind open to what they are. See what you find good for you, and then see if there is any similar good you can find in other circumstances. But, for now, you have an open world and an opportunity to explore.

I believe in you.

dukeofdearham June 16th, 2021

@DoveandDiego,

why would different points of view affect YOU? Is it that you get disappointed when someone does not share your point of view? Or that you find it hard to exchange point of views being able to agree to disagree?

If it is indeed, as you say, always you who find it difficult, then ask yourself why that might be.

Take care.