Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Difficult Time

AGirlWithAWeirdName May 18th, 2023

My boyfriend is traveling for a week. This is going to be the longest we've been apart. I'm dreading it and I can already feel the misery ahead. I love him so much and I'm used to seeing him every now and then. Even if I don't see him, I am comforted with the knowledge that he is around. I don't know how to cope with what's ahead.

I'm thinking of journalling each day and giving him the journal when he returns. Although it feels dumb but I'm literally willing to try anything that would make me feel close to him.

YourCaringConfidant May 18th, 2023

@AGirlWithAWeirdName Awww, it's perfectly understandable that you would miss your partner as he goes off to travel. When we are so used to being around people, bonds form..formed... so it makes perfect sense that you would miss him. He has not gone yet so maybe you can try and enjoy the time you have left with him? :) Also, he would just be traveling so it isn't a goodbye long term. Right? Perhaps you two could v1de0 chat on the phone, text, send pictures, or even write letters in the mail? There are things you two can do to still remain close. What if he leaves you one of his shirts and you sleep with it so you can feel close to him? Just throwing suggestion here. :) I do want to say that I think starting a journal is an amazing idea. Journaling is so much fun and therapeutic, at least to me it is. ♡ Give your idea a chance... you may just like it! :) Also, safe travels for your partner.

AGirlWithAWeirdName OP May 18th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant

Thank you so much. This means a whole lot to me

YourCaringConfidant May 18th, 2023

@AGirlWithAWeirdName You are most welcome. <3