Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sex as a type of therapy

AutumnEagle February 20th, 2017

So....this may end up being a strange forum post, but here it is...

So, for me, I've noticed, rather recently, that for me, sex is a form of therapy. It's rather nice, I can't lie about that.

A couple nights ago, I was at a party with a bunch of co-workers and we ended up at one of their houses....I'll just call them 'D' (joke not intended, but please, feel free to giggle). Everyone stayed at D's house for a while, and he and I have slept together before, and he invited me into his room with him, knowing what he wanted, I happily obliged.

I have to say it was what I honestly needed after the dance party we had hours prior. I needed not just the physical pleasure, but the touch, the intimacy, and a "therapy session" (I'm unsure if that's the best phrase, but that's what I'm going to call it for now).

D doesn't know about my struggles with depression, but he loves giving me pleasure (and I of course reciprocate).

Part of me wishes we hook up more often, but I also understand why we don't hook up as often as I would like. I respect that, and it's all cool.

Now, D and I are not in a relationship (neither one of us has romantic feelings for the other), we work together, and honestly, I'm good with whole thing. He makes sure I consent and if I say no to something, he respects that.

Well, after our last session in his room, for the past couple days, I had this shit eating grin on my face. It was sorta like a "high" from the sex. He's the only one who's actually caused that. Hell, I sometimes still get that grin even now.

I've noticed that good sex actually helps me a lot when it comes to my struggles with depression. It reminds me that I deserve nice things, that I can be vulnerable (in a sexual way, emotional, that's another story), and that I deserve things for myself. I can be a little selfish while being selfless and it's okay.

Well, I guess that's what I got.

ivoryZebra1269 February 21st, 2017

@AutumnEagle

Very interesting to read, it's nice that you have an outlet. I figure that sex would probably work well for me, or any kind of intimacy, really. It's nice to hear that you found something that works for you.

HarryC February 20th, 2017

@AutumnEagle

Thanks for sharing that. Different things work for different people, and it sounds like this works for you. I don't think this is unusual I understand how this can make you feel better, and how it reminds you that you deserve nice things.

ThomasHs February 22nd, 2017

I feel like this could work for me but I don't have anyone.