Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Phone sex

thoughtfulHickory4572 January 30th, 2022

I work away from the house a lot. Sometimes I’m gone more than a month at a time. I put in long hours and don’t have a lot of downtime other than sleeping and eating. My wife and I do talk everyday. The lack of intimacy does get to her. She likes to connect by having phone sex. I’m ok with it. We do it because she’s into it. However, I am not. Most yikes I’m so exhausted I’m just not in the mood. When I tell her this, it obviously upsets her and she almost takes it personally and it makes her feel not sexy and unwanted. When trying to have a conversation about it she said she just cannot help how it makes her feel and she wishes I would try a little harder. I don’t know where to go with it. I obviously want her to get what she needs, but also need to deal with the anxiety and stress of my work in my own way. Knowing these things upset her makes my day worse. But sex is usually the last thing I’m thinking about when I’m away at work and there’s not much I can do to change how I feel about that either. Our sex life is great when I’m home, but there seems to be this disconnect while I’m gone. I don’t want her feeling deprived or have a feeling she’s forcing me into things, but I also just don’t want to have phone sex on some days. It’s starting to cause a rift between us and I don’t know what to do.

nethmiWee January 30th, 2022

@thoughtfulHickory4572 Maybe try to get her to explore her sexuality with toys and suggest her to maybe record a thing or two for you, it would help her feel more sexy and you can get to it on your time :) Hope this helps, take care

Daydreamer47 February 6th, 2022

@thoughtfulHickory4572 Being gone for so long sounds really hard on both of you. Is there some compromise possible? If she is expecting the phone sex every day, that is quite a lot, and you deserve time to rest too.