Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My meds are having side effects

sensitiveSugar8860 December 28th, 2017

I've been taking a low dosage of Cymbalta daily to help against my depression and anxiety since September. And now I think I'm experiencing some rather uncommon side effects. Maybe someone here has had a similar issue or may know something on this subject. FYI I've already scheduled an appointment with my psychiatrist and I'll discuss this in further detail with him, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

So a couple days ago I met this nice girl on an adult website and we hit it off quickly, enjoying each others bodies over the internet. We'd send each other videos of us masturbating before we'd live video chat until completion. There was only one small problem every time so far. I never managed to climax. She came, so I'm glad about that, but this is the first time I've not been able to reach an orgasm from masturbating and it wasn't like I wasn't attracted to her. I looked into this online, describing the situtation and what I found is that I might be suffering from a "delayed orgasm". One possible cause for that can be medication, so I checked up on Cymbalta, the only medication I take and turns out Cymbalta, as many other antidepressants and anti anxiety medications can cause this due to how the medication works in the brain.

I guess my question is, apart from seeing if I can change my medication does anyone here have any thoughts on what I described? Am I perhaps totally wrong? What do you guys think?

SentryTheDefiant December 28th, 2017

A fairly common side effect from taking anti-depressants is sexual dysfunction, so that's likely to be the reason. If you're worried or uncomfortable with any side effects you can talk to your doctor about it, changing your meds might help but almost all of anti-depressant meds include this possible side effect.

sensitiveSugar8860 OP December 28th, 2017

@SentryTheDefiant Thanks. I certainly going to discuss this further with my doctor, but I'm glad and at the same time sad that it sounds like I may be right. I guess all I can hope is that either I don't have this side effect with another medication or that my future partner will be understanding. Luckily the plan is for me to eventually not have to take the meds anymore, but I have no idea when that'll be, could be years from now...

But still, thannk you very much for giving your support and input