Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help?

Cheshire94 May 21st, 2016

Hi. So this is really hard for me to talk about, because we'll it's sex.

I'm 21, married going on 4yrs. I have two toddlers and depression.

Anyways, I am kind of a clumsy, awkward person. This makes it SUPER hard to "try to be sexy". I kid you not every time I've tried it's been an epic failure. From initiating/seducing sex to trying sexy outfits to trying new things.

Anyways, my husband is the type who can't keep his paws off which in a way is good I guess since my stretched out, flabby body & depression basically kill it for me. He tries to reassure me but well even as a 120lb teenager I thought I was fat (my mom and my brother always told me I was growing up). I am working on losing weight but no matter how good I eat and how hard I try I'm just not.

It seems like when he initiates and I go along with it, it goes great or at least okay. Sometimes I do it just for him (he doesnt know that) because I can't just flip a switch with depression. I just want to be loved on like cuddles and hugs and kisses, most of the time I'm not at all interested in sex. But obviously he has needs and occasionally when I do it for him I have fun too. I could really use some help I'm 21 I shouldn't dislike sex, I'm not 100!

philosophicalOwl3482 May 21st, 2016

@Cheshire94 consider not thinking it of sex but as the connection and admiration you both have for one another. Make it about the union and connection when sexual desires arise. Make your mind commit to thoughts of love, connection and how much he incredibly loves every part of you, make it all about the time you both will enjoy. Sexy can be shown in soooooo many ways try surprising him. Before he arrives home get yourself upstairs into the bubbly tub with candles lit and whisper him in or get into your favorite lingerie that makes you feel sexy and just wait for him at the door leaning on the edge so you connect as soon as he comes up the stairs/hallway to feast his eyes upon you. Start changing your mind, we humans love to complain instead live in the moments you both have. Sexy comes in so many ways quirky, nerdy there's a person for every person, love you and embrace you! Now go get that man of yours and jump him with love!

cristiana33 May 21st, 2016

@Cheshire94

The fact you are awkward with initiating shoudn't be a problem anymore (or ever) as you are together with your husband for already 4 years you said. This should be something he is used with and something he could try to help you with in case he wishes that!

About you not being 100% ready for sex all the time - that's a healthy thing and I believe you need support from his part on your needs too. It's one thing to want to please you man and another one to lie to him about your own needs. It may not be like that, but I'm just saying ignoring your needs to support his isn't something that will help you with your depression. Does he know about all you are feeling/dealing with? How do you feel when you are just intimate with each other without having sex?

Cheshire94 OP May 21st, 2016

@cristiana33I

It's not initiating every time but it any time I put effort into it it just doesn't go well so I just stopped.