Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Stupid fight but boyfriend doesn’t care how I feel

anna289 February 27th, 2021

My bf and I sleep otp together and this morning when I woke up I was on paused then when I moved around to reach for my phone he came back. He claimed it was only for a second and that he was clearing his apps but I asked why he didn’t just wake me up and why that was the first thing he thought of. He said he saw me moving around so he thought he’d just close his apps really quick and come back. The thing is he constantly closes his apps and I remember he did last night. I told him I was closing all of mine and he said me too. The part where it turned into a fight is I said something I didn’t mean in an angry tone. I told him he can go back to his side hoes. Lately I have felt like something is going on with him but he just keeps saying there’s no one else for him but me. He says the only other thing he spends time on besides me is his truck...which he hasn’t worked on in maybe months. He was possessive of his phone the other day and snatched it from my hands when we were play fighting and I grabbed it. We’re supposed to move out together in about three months but I’m not happy with the way he handles emotional situations with me. I do have depression so it’s hard for me to just be happy for too long without starting to remember all these other bad things going on. This makes me get into long periods of time where I don’t feel like doing anything I don’t really talk and I just want to cry or sleep all the time. This week I had that and he saw me crying but didn’t talk to me about it and didn’t help me with what’s bothering me at all. He was more worried about getting us a puppy and things for our new home. This morning with the stupid fight he hung up on me and kept saying he wants to go shower even though he said he’d spend two hours with me before he does all that. I’m worried he’ll be like this when we live together and he’ll stop talking to me or just go out instead of “dealing” with me. What do I do or make of all this?

anna289 OP February 27th, 2021

Update in case anyone wants more info to reply. He texted me a whole paragraph saying he’s sorry when I told him he closed his apps last night. Now he claims to have been sleepy this morning. 🙃 Welp. What do I do now?

Akshay1115 February 27th, 2021

Hi anna289. I'm so sorry for your relationship struggles and the hardships you're currently facing. Based on what you're saying, It seems that your boyfriend may not be giving you the true empathy and care you need and deserve. I think it's important that you reflect and reevaluate whether or not the pros outweigh the cons in your relationship. I also think you should talk things out with your partner in a calm and upfront manner, being clear with the problems and doubts that you have with him. The key thing in my opinion is that you two try to communicate in a healthy and reciprocal manner, as well as be honest and clear with whatever you have to say. If he refuses or does not care to do that, then he may not be the right one for you. But I do think you should definitely try to give him a real chance and talk things out before coming to a final decision.