Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Poly problems

EleutheromaniaMind March 1st, 2022

My wife and I have been poly since 2018. I messed up and fell in love with a girl I cheated with in 2020. We separated for a while, talk through it etc. and got back together. I offered to put a pause on our poly life but she didn’t want to. But since then she hasn’t dated or talked to anyone for more than a few weeks. I’ve talked to 2 people but I can never really allow myself to gain a connection cause I feel she isn’t really into it anymore. I love her and would choose her a million times but idk what to do to make her feel more comfortable.

P.S I guess it wouldn’t be fair for me to leave out that the cheating came after she felt the friendship was causing a problem and she asked me to cut things off. I didn’t. Continued talking to her then when my wife and I separated I continued talking to her. I fell for the girl, Officiated our relationship. I didn’t feel it was fair for her to end my situation cuz she had a feeling. ( she seen a text that said I give good hugs)

I know I fucked up but I’m still in love with the other damn girl. And I would never Perdue her it would hurt my wife. Plus it’s mad embarrassing. What do I do?

ouiCherie March 16th, 2022

@EleutheromaniaMind

I'm not familiar with poly lifestyle. But from what you told, feelings should not be involved with other poly partners. Is it like that?

To choose 2 people that you love must be hard. Will you wife feel better if you end things with the other girl?
EleutheromaniaMind OP March 22nd, 2022

It is supposed to be ok for feelings to be involved with other partners. It’s the point actually but I have ended things with the other woman. Over a year ago now