Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need advice on a sticky situation

creativeAcres4389 May 23rd, 2021

So I’ve cut contact from my ex fwb as in I don’t text them anymore but I still have their number because they still want to sit down and talk with me when they get the time. I’ve come into contact with the ex gf he left me for. In the beginning she seemed sweet and she liked me and was fine with befriending me. She said I was a very sweet girl and that she can tell I meant no ill will. She told she wasn’t threaten by the previous relationship I had with her bf and that she can’t blame or punish us for it as they weren’t together at the time. I ended up confiding in her on how I was doing when I couldn’t get a hold of my ex fwb to have a mature chat with. She seemed fine with it and get me encouragement to move on abut also told she would not be used as a gateway to my ex fwb to talk or keep tabs. Which I totally understand and I only meant for her to tell my ex fwb to respond to me as long as she was comfortable and I already told her I don’t want to keep tabs on her bf that it is morally messed up and makes an extremely uncomfortable atmosphere. I even told her she had the right to tell me off if she felt like I was in the wrong. The following morning I get a text from her telling me she thought more about what I said and told me what she thinks my ex fwb is feeling which is he is dropping contact with me to focus on their relationship and a friendship cannot be guaranteed after a relationship is ended and that she doesn’t feel comfortable now with me being friends with her now bf and doesn’t want a constant reminder he was seeing someone else at some point. An hour later I got a text from my ex fwb that he was sorry he hasn’t reached out to but he’s been extremely busy working over time at the call center and teaching himself investing. And for me to please ease up on his girl in the meantime. I then got a text from the girlfriend a few hours later asking how I was feeling because I sent just an okay to her previous text. I texted telling her I was just tired. Shen proceeded to try and get me to talk about how I feeling while then proceeding to tell while I am a sweet girl she wouldn’t be friends with me with everything that has happened. I told her I was mentally tired and stepping away. To which she told me she felt the same way as the situation made her somewhat upset and telling me about how she thinks her ex feels made her somewhat upset as she thought it came out harsh but she was being real and didn’t want to entertain the idea of me being friends with her bf either. She then proceeded to tell me that she didn’t know when her bf will reach to me even though she talked to him and if I needed to talk about me being upset to let her know and that if I have any questions about her bfs intentions and actions to ask her. At this point it’s feels suspicious like a trap to make me doing something that makes me look bad. I have ignored her texts all together now. I think my ex fwb doesn’t know the extent of what his gf is telling me and she does not know that he was reaching out to me. I personally feel like she is being two faced and manipulative but I feel bad assuming that when I don’t know the girl. I’m not contacting or reaching to either of them unless they contact me. I want to know if my feelings of suspicion are valid and should I prepare myself for any false accusations against me or am I just paranoid?

ouiCherie May 31st, 2021

Hi @creativeAcres4389

Sounds like an emotionally draining situation indeed...

The way I see it, I think you're doing the right thing to stepped away from the situation. It could be the best decision for all 3 of you 💜