Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Moving in with someone who doesn’t care about my needs

anna289 March 1st, 2021

Boyfriend and I have been together for over two years and are moving in together in about 3 months. My parents are really strict and overprotective cause of our culture and I’m the youngest. I told them I want to move in with him and surprisingly they said yes but they want to meet him first. They know they can’t convince me to stay so they’re already planning for life without me. They’re talking about selling the house, buying another one, or moving to senior apartments. If I don’t move in with him I will be homeless. I love my boyfriend but I’m worried he just wants to live with someone and doesn’t care who it is. We had a huge fight a few weeks ago about how he doesn’t do things that I like anymore. He doesn’t talk to me as much throughout the day, he never really posts me anywhere unless it’s a special occasion or I ask why he doesn’t. When he posts me when I ask it’s usually unflattering pictures where I was trying to be funny with my faces, or put a blanket on my head, or was doing a facial mask. He posted that he was proud of me for something in school and he used a screenshot of my classes I stead of a picture of me. He also used yellow color font on white background so you couldn’t really see what he wrote and it was one of the few times he posted the words I love you to me. We didn’t talk the whole night cause I told him there has to be a consequence for him treating me this way. He said he’s going to have to get used to it...rather than just fixing the situation. Someone please help I’m stuck

Asher March 1st, 2021

Thank you for sharing this with us here.

Prettyallie7 March 4th, 2021

I think that's a guy thing. It usually happens with marriage though. They get comfortable. Sometimes it just means he is content and getting a little lazy. As an engineering student I can safely say most men don't think much about colors and backgrounds (it makes it almost impossible for them to present their own slideshow presentations). Not talking is generally not a good way to solve things. It punishes both of you and sometimes the message that you received is not what they intended. Now the pictures thing, honestly men like us being goofy and seem to find it adorable. It just means he loves you at your best and your worst.

fearlessNickel4472 March 9th, 2021

Because of what you wrote I'd say not to move in with him and then I'd be praying to God for guidance.