Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to feel worthy of love when you are amxious

casiopea3199 September 16th, 2022

I am very anxious and sometimes struggle to do things that are spontaneous, dont follow social norms, or that break my personal patterns. I'm working on getting better, but when I am dealing with outside stressors or feeling busy or overwhelmed, this can get eat worse.

My partner has been the absolute best at dealing with all this and loving my weird brain whole still pushing me to improve. The only issue is whenever I slip up or feel anxious, I feel so so guilty and bad that l feel like he must hate me. I feel like it must not be good to take care of my sad, scared self, it can't feel nice when I snap or get angry when I l can't control my anxiety. It is so hard to feel like I can be loved. And I've talked with him about it, and he says he loves me just the way I am. So rationally I know the fear must be in my head.

What have people who experience mental illness done to feel more worthy of their partner's love and support?

oneamongstyou285 September 16th, 2022

Switch genders in this description and what you get is exactly what i am going through/went through..

if i were to tell you i did Smthing and it worked magically i would be lying.. But one small change that i made which has improved things a bit is i hv come to accept my -ve points while also acknowledging my +ves as i feed myself daily with the thought that "others maybe be bad at some and briiliant at Smthing else but collectively nobody comes close to me and thus I am the best.."

This thought that i keep reminding myself and finding reasons to justify it to my ownself has helped me cope up with lack of confidence issues..

I still feel unworthy of love but much less than i used to later.. I have turned my confidence as a reward to certain achievable targets as i keep achieving them every month after month i began to consider myself more worthy of love with passage of time.. (even when i m writing this i m not sure if i m actually feeding myself that statement or i am actually collectively the BEST.. such is the confidence right now)

Hope it helps..All the best💕

oneamongstyou285 September 16th, 2022

Correction in final paragraph line 1 -....used to "Earlier" ..