Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I get over a crush? Serious question

diplomaticSail1449 January 4th, 2023

There's this guy I like, I like him a lot. I honestly have never felt like this before. I feel like we fit perfectly together, and I like pretty much everything about him, I honestly think I'm in love. We're really close friends and we spend a lot of time together. I feel like he's attracted to me as well, but he doesn't seem to be in the place for a relationship right now, or maybe I'm just wrong and he doesn't like me, has nothing ever happens between us even though there's tension there, and I know it's not just me imagining it cause everyone keeps asking me about it. The thing is, I've liked him for almost two years. I'm honestly tired... I've tried everything. I tried talking to him but when the moment comes I can never bring myself to do so. I've tried distancing myself, but eventually we seem to always find our back and I don't even notice, also we're really good friends and I don't want to lose that. There's part of me that's scared of letting go and getting together with someone else because what if he does like me and I miss my chance? I really do like him and if there's any chance I don't want to miss it, but I can't just ask him, believe me I've tried to, but I'm so tired of waiting for him, knowing that it probably won't ever happen.. I really don't know what to do, please help

hopefulPond6108 January 6th, 2023

@diplomaticSail1449 Someone once told me that I could move more toward romantic actions and see where it goes. So that might be a way to get an answer without the risk of asking directly. But I get it. It can be tiring when a relationship stays in kind of limbo.