Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cheated on

imaginativeNectarine8045 April 30th, 2021

Been married for 12 years have a lovely child all of 7, just caught my husband having an affair. He owned up and is apologetic. I am lost broken angry hurt and every other negative emotion u can think of. We had a 10/10 marriage is what I thought and what he still claims, he has no reason for straying. I know I have to forgive him regardless of my decision wether to stay with or without him. I just don’t know how to let go of all the negativity. He begs and cried for forgiveness minute of every day. I would love to forgive and move on but I don’t know if I am that magnanimous to do so. I am beyond hurt. Can’t function or focus. Have lost 8 kilos in a month. I want to figure out how to move on. If anyone here has had a similar experience and have achieved some what in moving on and forgiving, pls help me. All suggestions and comforting words are welcome.

proactiveCoconut3109 April 30th, 2021

Hey, I have not experienced the same situation but as your well wisher i would suggest you to hold urself together first and leave the topic of whether to forgive him or not for a while. Go out with your friends or even solo trip just to have time with urself so that u lighten the burden on your heart first before taking further decisions. After all, it's you who matters first, even if you have family or children as you are the pillar on which roof stands. I dont know if this would help or not, but its the first thing i would have done if i were you, to hold myself together..more power to you

imaginativeNectarine8045 OP April 30th, 2021

I wish I could, unfortunately owing to the current pandemic can’t travel anywhere and can’t leave my son and go anywhere. Thank you so much for ur kind words and support. Please pray for me that I come out stronger and happier. I want to be happy but I don’t know how. I want to get rid of all the hate , but I don’t know how

gonzalesgarrett21 April 30th, 2021

Going through a nasty divorce right now and have three daughters and I know what your going through. The guilt the hurt the what did I do wrong ect..know that your not alone and the pain is real and it will pass. I've been going through my divorce for two years now and only get to see my daughter's on the weekends now because the court said I work too much. I feel like a shit father on a daily. I chose to get out of the military so I could be a good father and see my kids grow but then I couldn't adapt to civilian life. I went to college and graduated and go a good job and meanwhile she didn't want to work and found attention elsewhere. We also lost our daughter at the beginning of our marriage and I wasn't there for her for that. Instead I went back to work and deployed. I blame myself daily for the fallout and I hurt alot but again know your not alone and it's going to be ok. I know that it's important for my kids to see me happy and healthy.

imaginativeNectarine8045 OP April 30th, 2021

Hi Gonzales, I wish I could hug you. The pain feels like it’s never gonna go away. Please don’t feel like you did less as a father. You tried ur best but I guess the best is never good enough for the wrong people. I hope there is light at the end of this very long tunnel for both you and me. I feel I’m sharing the pain of all those who have been cheated on. God bless you. Pls keep in touch wenever you need to talk I’m here.

tallCity2885 May 7th, 2021

Just read your reply and it hit home man. Currently going thru the breakup, again, but hmu if you ever need someone to talk to. Sometimes, we all do.

SkyRM98 May 7th, 2021

You can talk to me. 😌 @imaginativeNectarine8045

imaginativeNectarine8045 OP May 11th, 2021

Hi sky how do I connect with u