Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I wrong?

purpleBunny9255 November 26th, 2020

My boyfriend and I got invited to his family thanksgiving which is normal but with covid some things are different. Well we were told today that his brother, sister, dad, and 6 week old nephew won't be there and my boyfriend is angry that he won't get to see his nephew. My boyfriend is worried about all this time he's missing that he's not getting to see his nephew grow up. I keep telling him it's better safe than sorry it's a 6 week old baby that he's not missing much and we were told back in September that they weren't sure they wanted to take the baby to thanksgiving but my boyfriend seems to be taking it personally that they're keeping his nephew from him.
Now I've been annoyed with how my boyfriend has been about the nephew since we found out about him. My boyfriend has been obsessed with the idea of the baby, he wanted to be there when they brought him home even though they wanted a couple days to themselves, he wants to take him on vacations, teach him to fish, he's gone as far as he wants to teach him to drive and have his first beer with him (live in Midwest USA). All the things I feel like a dad would do but I've been wanting to start a family for a year but he doesn't want kids of his own right now "his nephew is good enough for him". But back to thanksgiving I just don't know what to tell him at this point because this was supposed to be his first holiday with his nephew and now they are keeping him away. To me if seems like a small thing to be angry at

FoxfirePhoenix1282 November 26th, 2020

@purpleBunny9255

Maybe you could set up a zoom or FaceTime with his nephew. I know it's far from ideal, but it's something. My parents live 23 hrs away and I haven't seen them for a year cuz of covid.

purpleBunny9255 OP November 26th, 2020

@FoxfirePhoenix1282

Need to do something. He got home and is slamming doors.

FoxfirePhoenix1282 November 29th, 2020

@purpleBunny9255

Wow, I'm sorry.