Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why do I have to do everything?

FrostFeather November 23rd, 2022

I'm really frustrated. For my entire life, I've been dragging everyone around, sometimes practically by the neck, to do anything; get-togethers, projects, family gatherings, work functions, book club, R&R, etc. For the past few years, I stopped reaching out to friends and family to focus on my own life. I still talk to them and visit on a regular basis, but I don't go out of my way to do these things for them anymore. Unsurprisingly, no one has lifted a finger to even contact me for the past few years.

I don't understand why I have to initiate everything. I've asked them to please call me or something once in a while, but it never happens. I've dragged a lot of my friends through hard times in their lives to success. I helped them at heavy cost to myself, but none of them have ever returned the favor, despite knowing I struggle a lot in my own life.

Now, I'm exhausted and depressed, my friends and family know it, and still I am ignored. It's like they forget I exist until I remind them that I do.

professionalVision2624 November 29th, 2022

@FrostFeather

Hello there Feather!

I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be really tough to feel like you have to initiate everything to get something to happen. But I'm so happy you reached out!

Talking to someone about your experiences and how you are feeling can really help! There are many wonderful and compassionate listeners that are ready to support and listen to you. You can browse the listener page here: https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

Best wishes <3