Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do I do?

Deadtiredperson175 December 20th, 2023

I've been dating this guy for almost 3 years, and it started off great, I felt like a normal human being with him, it was healthy, unlike the toxic relationships I was used to. He went AWOL for a while but came back and explained it to me thoroughly, making sure I didn't think he just up and left for no reason. Things went good again. And now, we're talking more than ever, so why do I feel so distant and disconnected from him? I know I care about him deep down, but I've steadily been getting worse, more depressed, anxious, and my bipolar condition isn't making it any better, as it's giving me periods of apathy. But I know I can talk to him about it, and it's the fact that I know that, but I don't WANT to that is getting to me. One minute, I'm happy to talk to him, the next, my mind is actually screaming at me to just walk off and never talk to him again for absolutely no reason. I don't understand it and it's only making me feel worse and worse, and the icing on the cake? I tried to talk to my best friends about it, and they just said I'm being psychotic or a female dog because I'm in a relationship and they haven't been able to keep a relationship longer than 2 weeks, their words not mine. I'm confused and I don't know what to do.

KatePersephone December 20th, 2023

@Deadtiredperson175 hi there, person. thank you for sharing this with the community.

It's challenging to navigate a relationship alongside mental health struggles. Take time for self-reflection to identify triggers and communicate openly with your partner about your feelings. Seeking professional help, especially given your history with bipolar disorder, can provide valuable guidance. Surround yourself with supportive friends and prioritize self-care. If your current friends aren't understanding, consider seeking support elsewhere. Remember, it's okay to prioritize your mental health and consult a professional if needed.

Deadtiredperson175 OP December 20th, 2023

Thank you so much, I really didn't know what to do, and this helped me, genuinely thank you. I'm the type to never prioritize myself so I need to hear that.