Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weird friendship with ex

JessiePS April 19th, 2023

Hello i am a teenager and ive been in this weird friendship with my ex which we dated for 2 years but it was pretty toxic and she cheated and there was a lot but after a long story short i wanted to help her because the break up really hit her hard we broke up in October she still has some of my stuff and by stuff i mean a whole bin its kinda crazy all of my friends dont like her and the girl i like doesnt like her so idk what to do i want her to be okay but then again shes my ex and did a lot of bad things to me but i cant hurt people so i dont want to leave especially because i already did that came back to help then left for a relationship and she said it hurt really bad so i just want some advice on what to do

Clayton7 April 20th, 2023

@JessiePS Sounds like she dug herself into the hole she's in. You're a good friend for sticking around like you have, but her emotional well being isn't really your problem. Not sure how well telling her that you don't want to care for her anymore would go. Or telling her you'd only be there in an emergency. She needs to start relying on other people. I guess my advice would be to slowly lose contact with her. Don't block her or try and hurt her feelings, she's still a human, just start replying slower/becoming less interesting around her. Some form of "gray rocking" Goodluck.