Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Overwhelmed to the max

CharlieBee1121 23 hours ago

My husband of 10 years and I have split. We have bee through so much each of us making mistakes and have hurt each other. I'm hurting so much. I feel so empty. My bat friend is going away. My real love. We had something so good and we both *** it up. I *** hate this *** it's so stupid. We should be ale to overcome anything. Somehow it went from us against them to me against him and vice versa. I don't even know where it all went wrong. Why couldn't I have seen the patterns sooner and *** fixed it. What is wrong with me?!

jacek73 14 hours ago

@CharlieBee1121 Hello. Trying to feel your feelings kind of makes me sense that you are still not indifferent to your relationship. Are you 100 per cent sure everything is lost? Maybe it's not? Maybe it's not the end, but a chance to improve something?

As a person stupidly divorced 20 years ago I would not see it in the categories of "what is wrong with me?", but like an accident, the reasons for which are usually complex.

How far did the breakup go? Have you both tried a couple therapy? Maybe you need some time to rethink your decision about splitting up?

toughTiger6481 9 hours ago

@CharlieBee1121

In a relationship it is not just on You to fix something if you did see it sooner.... relationships take 2 and too many think they can run faster/ jump higher/ see the future and smooth things out always .... that is not realistic.   

When things go wrong in my world / relationships ... I TRY to recreate what happened and if  you do not having a sounding board person  say it out loud or write it down like you are telling a therapist.  IF i need to edit a lot ... I start to see my part in things clearer. Then i can make a plan on what i would have change or can change on my part ........but  I cannot change how the other person reacted ..... i can see clearer how i wanted them to react or where the disconnect happened.