Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

NOISE WHEN STUDYING AND A DIRTY HOUSE TRIGGERS ME

mededicatedstudent February 13th, 2023

I used to have a really bad relationship with my mom, but when I've gone to college and we were km apart, we've become closer.

facts about me:

- i'm easily *** and sensitive

- i hate my brother for being messy and lazy. he's disgusting

- i'm the one who cleans the house

- i'm not OCD. i just hate a dirty/messy place

- i tried telling them how i hated it, they don't really care about how i feel

when i say "careful with the floor, i just mopped it"

my mom would reply "it's fine, we can clean it up again" aaand I hate it!! I HATE ALWAYS CLEANING, I JUST WAN'T A CLEAN PLACE AND MAINTAIN THE CLEANLINESS UNTIL MY NEXT CLEANING SCHEDULE

- because of that I'M NOT EATING WELL BECAUSE I HATED OUR PLACE, no matter how dizzy and hungry i get

- i only eat when i'm at peace, alone and relaxed

- I ALSO HATE IT WHEN IT GETS NOISY WHEN I TRY TO STUDY

I HATE THIS, I HATE WHAT I'M FEELING. PLEASE HELP ME

I THINK I'LL GET SICK BECAUSE OF MY FAMILY. I'D SOMETIMES THINK THAT I HAVE ANGER ISSUES OR ATTITUDE PROBLEMS WHEN I THINK THAT IT'S NORMAL AND IT'S JUST MY FAMILY THAT IS ANNOYING

0m February 13th, 2023

@mededicatedstudent

I hear you. It's clear you have tried multiple times to ask for your cleaning efforts at home to be respected but your mom's tolerance is enabling your brother. Of course it is extremely aggravating and frustrating to have someone mess up your efforts when you've barely even finished! About the noise levels while studying too, it seems to be a reasonable request while you need to focus.

With family who can't or won't respect your boundaries, it can be a challenge to establish and maintain healthy ones that respect your needs without causing conflict.

We have a self help guide on boundaries that I feel might be useful and I'll share it here for you, if you'd like to have a look when you have time - https://www.7cups.com/boundaries/

I hope it helps!

760Jayde February 14th, 2023

I would just stop cleaning up until it bothers them. Then they will learn and clean it themselves, if u tired this already and It didnt work then I would just clean up ur mess that way its less or a struggle for you.