Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know what to title this

tealLion9329 August 27th, 2023

I left my relationship that I was in for 3 years because I never got to see him from how demanding his job is, the hard part about it is that feeling of wanting to back and just push thru it ..but at the same time I had so many strong cravings to just go out on a date and always had to push it away since we couldn't go on dates. so its really hard to manage these emotions cause even if I changed my mind ..it won't change anything

KatePersephone August 27th, 2023

@tealLion9329 hello there, Lion. it sounds like your former partner's job did not allow for you and him to spend quality time together. it's understandable and completely valid of you to end a relationship because of that. people have different needs, and some of them, we want our partner to be able to meet. it is important to be aware that no partner will be able to meet all of our needs, but it is important to acknowledge which needs you want a partner to be able to meet in the relationship and choose whether or not be with them based on those. what do you think is the best thing to do from now?

tealLion9329 OP August 27th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova Thankyou for your response. As much as I'd like to go back I don't think I should because even with vocalizing a certain need he won't be able to fulfill it just with how his life is. I mean I honestly don't know how to go about staying in a relationship that is all online based where you don't get to see them at all. they don't express that they miss you or desire to see you. I don't know that's hard to be apart of sadly

tealLion9329 OP August 27th, 2023

I feel like you'd want them to express some kind of something to you, that makes you feel connected and when they don't how are u supposed to feel anything? I know it's harsh to say but its also true