Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I stop being Emotionally Unavailable in my relationship

secretsyrup July 16th

i really love my boyfriend so much and i want to have a future together but my ignorance and emotional unavailability makes everything worse because i always upset him with things i do. i want to be better. i love him but i'm so bad at expressing it. 

ASilentObserver July 22nd

@secretsyrup It seems like you care deeply about your boyfriend and wish to improve in showing your affection. What aspects of expressing love feel challenging for you?

toughTiger6481 July 22nd

@secretsyrup

Finding ways to express how we feel can be challenging... what seems to be a secret is communication and finding ways to clearly express ourselves are skills  that need to be practiced... very few are just magically good at it. 

Sometimes in a relationship we need to let our bf/or gf ...know how we like to be shown affection.

example my partner likes to buy me things ... i do not want stuff that others may enjoy ..........but one more item  that i dislike...... and i feel i must fake i like it......... thank them for  it ..... Knowing it will create more distance between us. ... i want words ...i want action not candy or stuff i do not need. 

He told me he is not good at expressing himself or never learned .... i then said well it is not too late for you to LEARN or improve on a skill by trying and practicing.