Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling stucked

Dulcinea1 December 17th, 2023

I know my situation is of my own doing, but I need to talk to somebody. I have been struggling a lot with my health and I’m very broke. I was in a long distance relationship during covid and after that he made clear he would not go where I was so I chose to go to him. And I love him, but I’m miserable. We ended up living in the basement of his parents (I know) and his mom is relentlessly awful. I’m pretty sure she’s a narcissist. I usually do what I’m told around her to “not trigger her” which has sucked for me but a while back I missed the queue on that I guess because I “misbehaved” in front of her. I’m in the process of getting an autism assessment, because I know I don’t behave naturally the “normal” way and other diagnoses have not helped. I know I’m struggling and it shows at times, but I feel so angry that I need to be punished for that. It’s exhausting being around her, because I was given this script on how to behave and I have to do it like a job. And this is not what I want with my life at this stage. I’ve told my boyfriend I want to leave and carry on with my life and figure out my *** with my family and in my home, and he’s so angry that I want to throw all our time together to waste just because I cannot play along with his mom. But this is constant stress. I don’t have a job anymore and every day I have less and less energy to pick up the pieces of my life. I have lost the thread of who I am, and I’m afraid I’ll stay lost forever. I know my own choices led me to this place, to these folk, I’m not trying to throw blame around. I just had to say this somewhere. If anyone reads this, thank you for your patience.

toughTiger6481 December 17th, 2023

@Dulcinea1

You took a shot and many would not have the courage to do that ... so you are to be congratulated 

You also are fully aware that this is NOT working out  and perhaps stepping back maybe moving home is a valid option. it is IMO unreasonable to have BF expect you to follow list of do this not that items just to appease his mothers issues.... he needs to see that is something he should overcome as placating others is only a drain on a persons mental resources .... 

you gave more into this then he has so far and you most likely do not see a future in playing his moms mental games.  you are on the right track.