Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Done with meeting people online

creativeAvocado772 March 22nd

Over the past couple of years I developed what I thought were close, valid friendships online. When in reality I met narcissists, catfishers, users and phonies. I think I’m angry at myself for trusting them and pouring my heart into those relationships and with many helping them reach goals. I am so done with social media. I feel like I wasted nearly 4 years of my life to people who in really could give two *** about you. Anyone else in the same boat?

toughTiger6481 March 23rd

@creativeAvocado772

Meeting people online is a crap shoot .... many are not what they appear .... it shows great trust in you being there and supportive of others even when you were not getting  the same in return. 

I think we in all situations irl or online learn from each interaction with others ...... sometimes the lesson is helpful for our progress .... others when it feels like is same thing over and over maybe we are not learning from them.  It is harder to meet people as most seem too busy or such to be friends like i used to know.  

creativeAvocado772 OP March 23rd

@toughTiger6481. Thanks for the response Tiger.  It is really tough to meet genuine people who are authentic today.  It's truly a shame.  Gets so frustrating.

sallymae3459 March 25th

@creativeAvocado772 is kind of in the same boat tried to make friends online but the website gave me anxiety so I left i think I did the right thing it was affecting me😊 hope you are well.