Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I being dramatic or is this sth to worry abt?

Helloo so my partner has behaviors that I overthink abt if they are normal or not. I have a hard time telling if a behavior is normal and nothing to overthink about or not. So in short: my partner talks abt what she thinks is pretty on human bodys like for example "high cheekbones are pretty". another behavior is that she doesn't react to my compliments that much anymore just like She doesn't appreciate it that much anymore. We are still giving eachother compliments and have deep conversations where we say how important we are but not as much anymore. It became less and in a dryer way. I don't like that so I don't know what to do or what to think :( ty for reading I'd appreciate a comment rlly much

toughTiger6481 August 4th

@communicativeApple9560

Relationships mellow the long talks become shorter....as we may have discussed something in depth more then once... 

If she says she thinks high cheekbones are attractive  or point out something she likes.... i do not understand but for some, they seem to take that personally ..... it can be simple observation without reflecting on you in any way. 

Taking and even giving compliments get less notice deeper in a relationship as well  ....at first we may be more willing to give compliments and appreciate them more.... but then......

example my partner says nice shirt every time i wear a certain shirt........... the couple of times  i was very receptive.......... then i began to wonder if 

A) he does NOT remember the last 15 times i wore it ....acts like i just got it 

b) it is same easy to think of compliment like he has to meet a quota of some sort ....and not very sincere. 

Now if a co-worker who has seen it once or twice said something i might respond better....same shirt but situation has changed. 

communicativeApple9560 OP August 4th

Thank you so much for respond. I will read it over and Over again until every part understand it and stop worrying about stuff like that. And i really don't know what to do so Im not affected in situations where she talks what of stuff she thinks is pretty by others ... it feels like I'm just sensitive (And that annoys me I just want to be a normal partner).

And i also thought abt your shirt example and now im sad because I want to be and I want my words to be the really special ... why does it have to stop ☹ i don't know how to deal with that

toughTiger6481 August 4th

@communicativeApple9560

It does not have to stop but when you say it say it with meaning .... make it real

my partner says "OOH that shirt looks nice"     fine a few times

after that if he would have said ..." no matter how many times i see that it just looks great "  or picks up on a reason that the color or style but just repeating the same one becomes not a compliment i can get excited about .... does that makes sense ? 

communicativeApple9560 OP August 4th

YES that made really much sense and helped me thank you sm tough tiger 🙂