Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice needed on a situation involving my relationship

exuberantSky2669 May 3rd, 2023

Ok, I need to start with a back story for others to really understand. I started dating this guy about five months ago. He has a roommate due to having quite a bit of financial responsibilities. I should make it known that his roommate is 15 years older than he is and has a boyfriend of her own. The first time I met his roommate she made herself pretty scarce and I didn’t see her much. The second time, she made me feel like she didn’t want me there, but my guy said she had injured herself (she actually did and I saw it) and was on pain meds. So I gave her the benefit of the doubt because I’m not an AH and all. The third time I met her, she made it extremely obvious that she didn’t want me there by giving me dirty looks or was just very short with me when my guy walked out of the room. I still remained civil with her despite this. Well, while I was there, she made a phone call to her grandkids mother regarding a tv remote they may have taken and I figured out that she was some how associated with a long time friend of mine because the name her phone read off is very uncommon. Well the next day, I messaged my friend to ask if the roommate was his mother in law (she’s not, turns out the roommate is my friend’s wife’s ex mother in law.) Well, the roommate found out about it and decided she didn’t want me coming back there. The kicker is that her reasoning has nothing to do with that. She claims that I told her that every one who is a liberal needed to be gotten rid of. (I never said that and I tend to have some liberal beliefs myself.) as well as accusing me of some other things that I did not do. This created a riff between my guy and the roommate. She basically went nuts on him when she found out he was still talking to her. They just signed a new lease together so he can’t exactly get out of it. I know he’s keeping the fact that he’s still seeing me from her out of self preservation. However, I feel like a dirty little secret and I’m having to still listen to him talk about things she does. Like he was hospitalized recently. I had to hear about how she brought him dinner, was there at some point before I arrived, and he told me when she texted him. I want to say something about not wanting to hear about a woman who spread lies about me but I feel like that would be petty. If you read all of this, advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

exuberantSky2669 OP May 3rd, 2023

I just realized I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry y’all.