Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Losing friends that have been your friend for a long time

LilTuna November 1st, 2015

Hi I've been dealing with this for a while. One of my friends is about to give up on our friendship because he thinks i'm weird. I dont know what i should do if he isnt my friend anymore. I want your opinion on it. I was considering suicide but i want your opinion on it so if you can give me advice that would be great.

Amelia November 2nd, 2015

@LilTuna

I moved your thread to the Relationships: Friendships section so that you can get more support in that area. Take care!

LilTuna OP November 3rd, 2015

@RocketsMom i just want some advice can you give me some?

Amelia November 3rd, 2015

@LilTuna

As a listener, I am not able to give advice--since I'm not in your situation, I wouldn't want to point you in the wrong direction. I am curious, however, have you sat down and had a heart to heart talk with this friend? Asked why they think you're weird? And possibly explain things for them?

LilTuna OP November 6th, 2015

@RocketsMom I tried he says it's because i simply act weird

cristiana33 November 8th, 2015

Hey dear @LilTuna

Have you tried to understand what does it mean "acting weird" in your friend's opinion?

People don't usually give up on their friends unless they are pushed/manipulated by others and they start seeing you differently. OR It may be possible they believe you started to do something they don't agree with.

Try to find out what this friend means. It's not okay to give up on someone and don't explain why you are doing that.

If you cannot find out, that's not on you dear. That's on them and how they are incapable of maintaining a meaningful relationship without starting to judge.

LilTuna OP November 8th, 2015

@cristiana33 they say that I've changed and people were talking about me so they dont want to be my friend

cristiana33 November 8th, 2015

@LilTuna

That's for sure hard to take. I find their reason pretty superficial. How did you changed? What is making them not being able to accept you anymore?

This person doesn't sound like a true friend. It's tough to accept that some people are able to give up so easily on us but sometimes you cannot do else but accept their limits as well and just try to find someone who is really there for you. You are too great to let yourself put down like that. *hug*

Rainbow4 November 9th, 2015

Hi,

i went trough something similar. My best friend started to talk bad things behind my back. She accused me of being in love with her boyfriend and she said he was cheating on her with me. We didn't talk anymore and she left me for another girl who's now her best friend. I still struggle with it but i realized that she wasn't a true friend if she acted like that. True friends love you no matter what. They take your good and your bad sides but she clearly didn't. I think your friend doesn't accept you either and you may have been friends with him for a very long time but the reality is that people change. You have to remind the good memories but if he doesn't accept you the way you are, you deserve better friends. I know you must be mad or sad but they are still people who love you and who still care about you. Your life is worth a lot. You just have to move on and look for other friends who will support you in this very hard time. Join clubs with people who have the same interests. Look online. They are many ways to meet new people who you will get along with pretty well.

Much strength and love