Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does anyone else feel like they've been kicked out of a group of friends?

versatileApple4527 May 13th, 2015

Over the past year and a half, I feel like my group of friends at college has been slowly kicking me out of the group and now just a few days before graduation, I feel completely gone. But here's the kicker - it's only a few people that I feel have kicked me out but as a result, I feel like nobody wants me around. I went through so much with them and now it's like I don't exist to them. I want to be able to enjoy graduation, rather than feel terrible because I don't belong. They were like my second family getting through school and now it's like I'm invisible. They don't tell me when things are happening (I usually find out through the grapevine or social media), they don't talk to me, and I feel like I'm just ignored.Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know I can't do much to fix this in a few days andquite honestly I don't know if I want to even try. I could just use some advice if anyone is willing to help.

kelseyisrad May 13th, 2015

I went through the exact same thing! You're not alone

versatileApple4527 OP May 13th, 2015

Thanks. It's just really difficult to deal with. I was trying to enjoy being with them, just sitting in the living room of our apartment, and then all of a sudden I got hit with an anxiety attack because I couldn't take it anymore.

Mess082472 November 3rd, 2016

I am 44 and I was kicked out of a guys group. I became alienated due to constant political conversation which I found very annoying. The group refused to stop political talk. My wife never understood what happened and would not stop hanging with the same group. We are getting divorced. Of course, there were other issues but I want to blame being isolated by the guys For my divorce. I realize that people change. I changed. I no longer wanted to be a part of the athletic, macho good ole boy crowd. I hope you are feeling better. Many people go through this. @versatileApple4527

JohnnyDS November 4th, 2016

I am going through something similar with my friends. And it feels awful. What I have been told, and what I keep telling myself through journaling, is that I will always remember the great times, but not everyone sticks around forever. That sucks. But remember you will find amazing people who will stick around forever. Everyone comes into your life for a reason.

resourcefulKitten4276 January 22nd, 2017

I never had many friends untill i found some in highschool they didnt like me at first but eventually we started to hang out after I tagged with them a lot i loved them they were funny i loved my time in the group i didnt get invited out but i think that was because i didnt want to i was lazy but every invite i got i went out

i got the bus with them then school with thrm and then bus back but one day i got in trouble while in the group as did other members in the qroup doing some dumb stuff all my lunch was taken away i sat in a room alone that was the main time we did stuff together and hung out and i was late for the bus almost everyday so didnt talk with them but wanted to so bad

the day before they joked about kicking me out I got scared and sad

my friend ship group straight up Said you are kicked out we don't like you anymore we don't find you funny anymore leave us alone don't follow us around over snapchat

this happend today I don't know what will happen what I will do and who I will hang out with or what to do

it will just be like before I was in the group alone dispersed sad and have nothing to do I only have one other friend that I don't really talk to but the worst thing is that my birth day is on the 3rd and I can't ask them I will be alone

I don't know what to do