Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are friends worth it?

creativeMelon1653 December 16th, 2015

I didn't have a friend until high school. My 'friends' were either horrible, selfish people, dramatic, or they left me after a year. One of the ones in former got mad after I drifted away from her for a change. This chick would only talk to me if she had a problem.

Now, I have no human friends and I'm worse off than I was when I met them. The only creatures I consider friends are my cats, some of my stuffed animals, and a couple of very pretty ceramic dolls.

I'm wondering if human friends are even worth it. Friendship is all give and take: I give, they take. And take. And take.

NavySodium December 16th, 2015

I think they are. Read this article! It explains the benefits of friends way better than I could. http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/good-friends-are-good-for-you

Alystem December 16th, 2015

I know how hard it is to find anyone who's worth all that time, effort, and care. After investing so much into people only to have them ditch you. I mean for me personally, I'm still not sure what a friend is. I've been asking that question since I was like 9 years old. :/ In my experience I've seen that people generally have short attention spans, only care about you if you're entertaining enough, and stuff like that. And they PRETEND to care. But...I still cannot bear to be so alone. There just has to be some decent people out there, surely?? So I guess personally I will just have to get better at reading people and seeing who actually cares about being an actual friend and who's just there for themselves. They will be able to stand out if they don't give up easily and if they are willing to work to keep that friendship or idk something I'm not really sure but that's what I might think about idk really.

creativeMelon1653 OP December 17th, 2015

Now that I think, I do keep in touch with the ones that were nicer if I can. Is that a good thing?

Jadie December 17th, 2015

Sometimes I think it depends. I feel like the

That does sound nice. I stay connected with the ones that II don't see much of on Facebook, but you're right; I have never had a true friend that's willing to meet me halfway. I say I'm worse off because before, I never felt so lonely. Now, I'm trying to get back to not being lonely. If I get a friend, Iwant someone who cares about my needs for once. I know I have a wall.

My mother with her constant 'no man is an island' comments don't help. My brother tries, but he's got a history of crappy friends. My father's not of much help. Hell, he probably doesn't care as much.

At least pets love you as much as you love them, if not more. All they need are the basics; food, water, medical, and shelter. Everything else is a bonus. And dolls and plushies don't want anything but to not be broken or at least try to fix them if they do break.

SadButtercup December 17th, 2015

I don't believe in friends all human beings suck