Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

allot

QuirkyPatisserie August 16th

so idk recently me and my fiance have been arguing and he doesnt seem to trust me with telling me certent things and he seems mad at me but he wont say. btw its long distance

could our relationship be falling apartor coming to an end? 

if so how do i fix it?

i just need advice or help on what to do

@QuirkyPatisserie that sounds like a tough situation. Maybe you should try say you feel like something is a bit off and you should be able to tell each other anything do let's have a conversation about it? Maybe try the approach of saying look here's a safe space I'm not going to shout or get snappy back. You feel like maybe something is on his mind so let's talk?

QuirkyPatisserie OP August 16th

@conscientiousNickel7021 i tryed that but he just doesnt wannna talk about it he feels like if we do then he is gonna get mad which may lead to ending the relationship

QuirkyPatisserie OP August 16th

@conscientiousNickel7021 so nowit just feels like there isnothing i can do and if so idk what to do

@QuirkyPatisserie by not talking to you and creating an atmosphere that's not going to change or go away unless it's dealt with. Clearly it must be something bothering him otherwise why say if you talk he'll get mad and maybe end the relationship. By not talking he's effectively putting stop to things already. Maybe say it's ok to have feelings or opinions but as you're planning a life together you need to be honest with each other even if it's something big, small, silly or important you need to be able to share that with each other. Try suggest ok if you don't want to talk about it right now that is fine, how about we pick a day,/time where we do so you've got time to process whatever is going on and we can do that in a safe time and place.

I don't know if you can take comfort from this butt the not talking thing can happen in relationships and friendships it's how you navigate through that is important. Just remember you're not alone.and are brave for reaching out,.

QuirkyPatisserie OP August 17th

@conscientiousNickel7021 thanks for the help i will try that

optimisticTown2637 August 18th

I’m sorry this is happening to you, I can imagine how afraid this may be making you feel. Express to him the importance of communication and vulnerability in a relationship. I see you said you have tried something like this and he is not budging. Try setting a boundary and say that it is not acceptable to take his anger out on you. Let him know that the future of the relationship should not be this way. I wish you the best

QuirkyPatisserie OP August 19th

@optimisticTown2637 thans fo much fur your kindness and help