Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Speak Your Heart: Effective Communication Tips

kindEyes9789 June 28th, 2023

Hey friends! πŸ’¬ Let's share our special ways of talking about our feelings and making our relationships better. Remember, everyone's unique, but feeling comfortable is super important!

When I want to talk about my feelings, I start with this special template: "Lately, I feel..." and then I explain why. 🌟 I also share what I think could help or how the other person could help, and I explain how it can make me feel happy. It has made my relationships healthier because we talk things through nicely.

But sometimes, if the other person doesn't understand, I ask myself, "Is it okay if we don't agree?" If it's not a big deal, I let it go. If it's quite a big deal, then maybe the person is not the right person for me, and I should let them go. This helps me make space for more positive and healthy connections! 🌈

Let's share our special communication tricks! πŸ—£οΈ How do you talk about your feelings?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 1st, 2023

@kindEyes9789

Ooh that's a good approach. Again, a wonderful post from a wonderful hooman. πŸ’›

Using "I" statements is quite a helpful approach when communicating and expressing our feelings, I think!

Now personally, I'm a journal-persun, and find communicating about *my* feelings with my diary a suitable option than with hoomans! xD

But ofcourse, when it comes to expressing how I feel/ what I think or share an opinion on something (like I'm doing here), I use the "i" approach too, as much possible!

Something else that helps, as a general rule of thumb for any conversations at all, is to be a good "listener", I also feel that it doesn't just end at listening, rather, it begins?!

Most people hear to just reply, half the miscommunication happens here lol; if only we try to understand and comprehend first, and then respond accordingly, acknowledging and ensuring the other person feels heard too. Much like "give what you expect from others too".

And then ofcourse, again as you said, not every communication goes the same, we can try our best, but communication between two people is always a two-way street, gotta meet halfway to reach a place of mutual respect, consideration and understanding!

kindEyes9789 OP July 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hellooo! Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your thoughts! I'm happy you liked the approach of using "I" statements when expressing your feelings. It's great to hear that you find journaling a suitable way to communicate with yourself. Sometimes, writing in a diary can help us understand our emotions better. And you're absolutely right, being a good listener is super important! It's not just about hearing what others say, but really trying to understand them and make them feel heard. Communication is like a two-way street where both people meet in the middle with respect and understanding πŸ’›