Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

He’s disrespectful and I’m stuck

BrokenBike April 5th, 2023

I have depression and he has ADHD (untreated). We’re both sensitive to rejection and neurodivergent but he acts like I’m the only weird one. He forgets EVERYTHING and calls me neurotic just because I make arrangements for my own poor memory when I’m in brain fog. He demeans and sometimes even reacts aggressively to my opinions, even the benign one. I am always wrong. When I get upset, he acts clueless. Either he doesn’t know what he did wrong or something I said unintentionally triggered him and I should have known he’d react aggressively. Either way I’m crazy and in the wrong. The problem right now is, that everything has been worked through and there’re no issues now, but I can’t forget. Sometimes I randomly hate him for the disrespectful things he’s said to me. Nothing is off bounds with him. He’s my only financial support right now so I couldn’t leave even if I wanted to. Even if I got a good job I don’t know if I’d leave.

fruityPond7887 April 10th, 2023

@BrokenBike Hi Bike. I hope you are doing okay. I am sorry to hear you are in this struggle. It sounds like a very complicated relationship and I can understand how frustrating it must be. Do you have any family or friends you could stay with until you save up enough money to get your own place? I hope you are staying safe. Please know that we are always here for you! ❤️