Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I wrong?

Lauren101502 January 7th, 2022

My bf is leaving for college in 2 days. He spent the week on vacation w his friends (which i encourgaged him to go on). For the past 1.5 weeks ive been saying i want to go iceskating & skiing. And he said well see and we will try. He tells me today he is going skiing w his friends tomorrow and forgot that i wanted to go (wven though i brought it up yesterday) . He said we can go iceskating today but i think its rude that he invited his friends skiing and not me when he said we would try to go and he just forgot abt me. Am i wrong for being hurt and angry

Lauren101502 OP January 7th, 2022

you can say if i am i just felt like bc of how much i expressed that i wanted to go skiing for him to turn around forget abt it and ask his friends to go w him the day before he leaves for school is inconsiderate

softHug41 January 7th, 2022

I think your feeling is understandable especially since he's leaving soon, but there could be some reasons that would give more justification for his behaviour. Maybe him and his friends are more skilled skiers so he felt that you wouldn't have been able to keep up and enjoy it? Maybe his friends suggested it and not him?

Either way communication is the most important thing in relationships and it can solve every issue. Just ask him for his reasoning and be clear to him about how this made you feel, to avoid similar situations in the future

Lauren101502 OP January 8th, 2022

thank you!!:)