Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice needed

adaptableBalsam9526 September 19th, 2021

My boyfriend of a year and a half suddenly told me he doesn’t feel a connection anymore. Just prior to that things were great and he told me he wants to spend the rest of our lives together. Now he’s blocked me on all social media. I don’t understand. He’s said I’ve got too much to deal with before I should be in a relationship. Isn’t that my decision as to what I can handle and what I can’t? I don’t know what to do

limegreenCat6753 September 19th, 2021

Sorry to know about your situation but if suddenly your bf feels a lack of attachment towards u i think u should reconsider your relationship with someone who doesn't feel connected to u all on a sudden inspite of thinking about spending the rest of life with u . I must say it really sounds immature to act like that . As he had decided once to be with u forever he might have felt the attraction which has suddenly disappeared and yeah it's upto u what u can handle and can't whereas he should accept u as u r . I think u should be giving some time to observe what happens ultimately and how it makes u feel and prioritise your happiness before reaching any decision

adaptableBalsam9526 OP September 19th, 2021

Thank you for your reply. I’m feeling such a loss and I’m beating myself up over being so blindsided. We spent a whole weekend together, talked of the future, everything was perfect. Then he sent a text saying he no longer felt the connection. I don’t know how that happens and blocking on social media isn’t the typical response of a 48 year old.

limegreenCat6753 September 19th, 2021

I do understand u . We don't have any control over others ,what they feel for us or what they r going to do no matter how much we try to give our best ! All u can do is having some patience and not to let anyone break u down . Keep strong !! Hope for your best :)

ambitiousDrum84 September 19th, 2021

I understand you cuz I’ve been there I’m here if you like to talk about it

adaptableBalsam9526 OP September 20th, 2021

Thank you. I’m hoping in time I will stop blaming myself for not being good enough. It’s just terrifying to think that any relationship can end in the blink of an eye.