Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

25 and alone

LonelyD97 June 29th, 2022

So I'm 25, never had sex or a gf, and the only time I kissed a girl (last year) she stopped when she found out I was a virgin. I have been repeatedly told by women how ugly I am with the only compliments I get being useless ones. "You're funny, you're sweet, you make me feel safe". But too ugly for anything more than tolerance. I've tried just about every major online dating app out there, tinder, bumble, hinge. Nothing. Not a single match. What am I supposed to do when women don't see me as anything more than some sort of pet?

MidwesternCalmSeeker July 6th, 2022

@LonelyD97

You matter, LonelyD. I don't have any answers, but as a woman I can tell you that I, personally, value the quality and character of a man, well above and beyond physical appearance. Perhaps finding a woman who feels similarly will be your eventual fate. Maintain hope. Those women exist in this world.

sallymae3459 July 6th, 2022

@LonelyD97 sorry that your struggling dating sites aren't for everyone and sometimes just don't work maybe it's the wrong sites hard to say but keep trying maybe try meet-up groups or speed dating if it's available in your country best of luck.

heatlightning August 3rd, 2022

I would say focus on your self confidence. Be confident in your look and ask yourself if you can change something to appear more out together not that you should have to but it’s nice to look our best, like maybe shaving or a different haircut or cologne. I had a friend he was hopeless romantic and couldn’t get girls to see him as a potential partner. I told him try some cologne at least wax your eyebrows and brush your teeth twice a day and he acted like if they didn’t love him as he was then it wasn’t meant. I disagree and think we should put a little effort into our self care. For instance if a guy walks by wearing cologne that speaks volumes to me about his confidence in his physicality so I suggest trying that you could go to the gym and wear cologne women will notice it